Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 11:35 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times

Advertisements

Insight Bowl Block Party and Football Game Transit, Parking Options | Phoenix Arizona Real Estate Local News and Business Directory

For those who commute into or out of downtown Tempe: pay special attention to the street closures that will begin on December 30th, and continue into the early morning hours of January 1st. It might be a wise choice to leave the car behind & try out the light rail, which is scheduled to run every 20 minutes until 2 AM.

Good luck to anybody who is attending any of the events, or who must commute in Tempe during these times. This is one reason I stay home New Years Eve. I'd hate to be stuck in all that mess ... especially after some drivers have had one too many for the road!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 10:34 AM

725 posts, read 2,322,450 times
Hey this really helps!!!!!!!

Only thing - I'm not like you, I want to party on New Year's Eve and mingle with some crowds.

Tempe sounds awesome, but is this Block Party all about ringing in the new year, or does it have something to do with the Fiesta Bowl game, or Insight????????

Old 12-27-2008, 10:41 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,942,828 times
The block party is for New Years, they do it every year.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:05 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,765,229 times
Tempe isnt that bad to get around if you just avoid Downtown Tempe. Also, the block party is the biggest in the state with over a 100K in peepz there.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:08 AM

725 posts, read 2,322,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
Tempe isnt that bad to get around if you just avoid Downtown Tempe. Also, the block party is the biggest in the state with over a 100K in peepz there.
I heard it's 1 of the biggest in the entire nation!!!!!!!!!

Then again, maybe it's just a hype, I don't know - but I'm there!

No chance on me driving with all the crowds and street closings. Probably going to take the advice and give light-rail a try.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:39 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homlish560 View Post
I heard it's 1 of the biggest in the entire nation!!!!!!!!!

Then again, maybe it's just a hype, I don't know - but I'm there!
You're correct on both statements. Tempe's block party IS a huge hype, but it certainly draws in the crowds. It's usually the largest New Years Eve celebration in the Southwest, and one of the more popular ones in the nation. Of course, the party at Times Sqaure in New Yoawk is THE place to be (if you like all the noise & crowds), but Tempe's certainly receives a good share of publicity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area