U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:51 AM

157 posts, read 262,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcg View Post
We were in that new subdivision in Buckeye west of Surprise 15 minutes down Bell road. Festival Foothills I think it is called. 15 Minutes down Bell road is the key words. That was just to the outskirts of Surprise. It will take an additional 15 to 30 minutes each way just to run out for anything you may need. It's nice out there. Mountain views, secluded. If you work from home, or dont work at all it would be great. Not much else out there but Cactus.
Buckeye is the biggest town in Arizona if you look from land size perspective. The community that you talking about 30 miles away from "main" part of Buckeye around I-10.

To answer original question: Buckeye is old farming town that everyone knew everyone until about 8 years ago when city officials decided to let developers build homes. They built them fast and in large numbers. Today there are limited number of jobs that can support home prices in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 04:48 AM

54 posts, read 139,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywayy2001 View Post
Because Buckeye, Goodyear as well, is no where remotely close to Phoenix. You may as well move to a dirt field in the middle of South Dakota. Good luck living in the middle of nowhere.

I love to see people whom live downtown as if it were the center of the universe. ! NEWS FLASH! Some folks enjoy living away from you. (YOU) includes: crime, traffic, crowds, illegals, stuck-up downtowners. I am sure that when people speak of Buckeye they are well aware that it is further from Downtown (the holy land). So commenting on the distance from buckeye to downtown serves only one purpose, to make your self fell better because to some how made it and every one else lives in squabble.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:12 AM

54 posts, read 139,045 times
Default Buckeye won a national award for city planning in 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZM View Post
Buckeye, Queen Creek, Maricopa, All the same with fast development, poor planning, not much in the employment market other then retail. The question should be: Why bother?
Buckeye won a national award for city planning in 2008.

Bad economy is the only down draw to buckeye development. All experts and public officials are predicting large growth in the near future. That is why there is a very concentrated effort to improve roads and infrastructure in the FAR west valley. Once most of the cities in the metro area were just like Buckeye. Does any know what Peoria and Glendale were like 20 years ago?

Old 06-07-2009, 11:00 PM

7 posts, read 13,886 times
We are planning a trip to Buckeye, we are not retired, but don't mind living in the boonies, does anyone have any specific areas where we should look at homes, it seems quite spread out? Any thought would be appreciated.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:25 AM

4 posts, read 6,225 times
Hi caliphs, We live off of Miller, South of Southern in a development called Sunset Point and we do love where we live. I have posted this somewhere else, but it seems like our development has suffered the least from the housing downturn. People still have pride in their homes and maintain them nicely, neighbors are friendly, etc. At Miller and Broadway there will be a medical campus (Gilbert Hospital?) and @ Miller and Southern there is currently a brand new Walgreens with plans for a nail salon, daycare, family sports bar and physical therapy office. Directly west of that there is a Fresh & Easy, CVS and Chase bank planned. The necessities are close and it is not too far off of I-10. There are a couple of nice developments along Miller you could look into. Verrado is also a great place to look. It is a masterplanned community that has a beautiful layout/design. They have their own grocery store and little shopping area. Another location, if you don't mind the boonies is Tartesso, which is a little further west. It is another well planned masterplan community. Hopefully, that helps you out a bit. Good luck!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:35 AM

157 posts, read 262,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliphs View Post
We are planning a trip to Buckeye, we are not retired, but don't mind living in the boonies, does anyone have any specific areas where we should look at homes, it seems quite spread out? Any thought would be appreciated.
It all depends on your price point. If you want something that cost little more I would look at Verrado. If you looking for a great deal I would look at either Sundance or Westpark

Old 08-20-2009, 09:07 AM

7 posts, read 13,886 times
Thanks for both your replies, I've been looking at some houses in the Westpark area on the computer. Hopefully we will be visiting the area soon. There are some great deals right now

Old 02-13-2010, 09:34 AM

14 posts, read 25,984 times
I am always amazed at the varied opinions people offer on different areas. To some, if you do not live in a poluted over populated, crime ridden city where window blinds are drawn 24/7, doors locked 24/7, air quality made of exhaust gases, etc., etc., etc.,(read: live in fear), then you are somehow stupid. It would be wise for these same people to understand and come to grips with, everyone has a different agenda for why they live where they live. Fortunately, not everyone wants to live in the 'ant hill '( we like to call them Flatlanders), but rather, enjoy the peace and tranquillity the open country has to offer, and the value of quality living it offers. I would really be disappointed owing a sand rail, 4 wheelers, horses, fishing boat, etc., living in the 'ant hill ' and having to find a place to store the toys and then having to haul them to the country to use them. As for cow poo? Well I suppose if you only eat lettuce and rice, you would have trouble appreciating why cow poo exists but somehow, I really suspect the anti poo'ers eat the poo producers regularly. Keep in mind, no poo means no food for your children. My point here of course is..........., well, you figure it out.
I like to believe personally, all places we live have good and bad about them to different people for different reasons. Someone wanting to move to a rural area most likely, have already come to realize Domino's won't make it there in 7 minutes or less. I chose rural areas for many reasons; friendlier people on average, slower pace of life, no children, clean air, security in knowing if I am out of town for a week, my neighbors down the road know I'm gone and watch my property for me without asking or God forbid, have to pay them for this reciprocal neighborly act.
Is Buckeye a great place to live? Of course it is, if that is the lifestyle one seek. As fo me? Well, I have way too much 'stuff' already so being in the 'ant hill' again has no appeal to me in the least. No, I need not work ever again unless I get bored fishing, 4 wheeling, and sleeping in to 6 am.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:43 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,289,082 times
It's interesting to see the price variations. As you get into the smoggy city center the prices go up. But you have better commutes. On the Camelback corridor, the Optima Biltmore has lofts starting at $209,000 for one bedroom lofts. One is up for rent at $1550. But you are near a lot of great restaurants, LA Fitness, and the shops.

Whereas in Buckeye you just got a box with cleaner air outside. There are certainly tradeoffs. I'm thinking of getting a 2011 Mustang 5.0 litre V8 when they get to the showroom. That means I won't want to be doing distance commuting in that, but occasional distance trips to Tucson or Flagstaff. I'd have a Honda Civic or pre-2005 Toyota Corolla if I lived in Buckeye and commuted.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:18 AM

44 posts, read 68,556 times
Buckeye is the cheapest city in United States to live in for newer home construction. I count 15 newer homes for sale right now between $35,000 and $50,000. Price is too darn low, but no one is still interested. Now, what is wrong with the picture.

Should I sell this Buckeye's $40,000 newly-built home info on eBay [mod cut-- rude]?

Last edited by observer53; 02-25-2011 at 06:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area