Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2007, 02:28 PM

83 posts, read 326,999 times

Advertisements

This is what the family offer me and they said that they they will try to work with me and my college schedule I will work 40 hours a week wwith 5 children here is her offer is it good to you I'm completely find with it it's not bad at all I'm just wondering about health Insurance would it be cheap enough that I can pay on my own people/friends say i would be crazy if I wouldn't take it. What do you think:Oh and in regards to your pay - we can afford $175/week to start and will give a review in 90 days and again at 1 year.

We will also give 2 weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, 4 paid sick days and will provide all your personal care products you need (shampoo, soap, skin care, you name it) + a private room and a shared guest bath.

We will furnish the room with everything you need including a computer with high speed internet, a phone, tv, dvd player and cable tv. We'llput a deck in your room too if you want one.

We have 3 cars so once you are licensed you may use our car and we will add you on the insurance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 02:58 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,131,497 times
I would say it's not the best deal. Being a nanny for 5 children will be a lot of work! Are any of them in school? What are the ages of the children?

Nanny's out here can make good money. Some are anywhere from $12-$18/hour. We have lots of wealthy families here (especially in PV and Scottsdale) that will pay a lot for the right person. Then you can rent a place.

If you figured renting a room in a house would be around $600 a month (no more!), your pay would only be about $8/hour for 40 hours. That's not good!

I think they need to double that amount per week. They are getting off cheap! Childcare can run up to or more than $200/week per child.

Also paying for your health insurance will be expensive! But if you're fine with it, then that's you, but you have to consider all aspects.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,131,497 times
Looking at your previous posts makes me think that this isn't for real. You have posted on SEVERAL sites stating different things that you are doing, mostly going to college in Alaska. But also Maine, Utah, CA, etc. Are you friends with ArizonaChic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: