Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:16 PM

140 posts, read 465,372 times

Advertisements

EVERYONE has forgotten their wallet/purse at one point or another and lacked a license/registration. I don't think that should be a jailable offense. Write a citation and if the driver can prove he had both at the time but forgot, throw out the citations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 03:23 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,926,680 times
What is so hard about keeping valid registration & proof of insurance in your glove box ?

Old 03-31-2010, 05:54 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,541,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
What is so hard about keeping valid registration & proof of insurance in your glove box ?
Great question, Eagle.

I often hear, "not safe in the glove compartment."

My response . . . then keep it in your wallet.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Great question, Eagle.

I often hear, "not safe in the glove compartment."

My response . . . then keep it in your wallet.
I have never carried my proof in my wallet. I did keep the info under my mirror on the drivers side sunvisor. I now keep the info in my glove box & have done so on the majority of my cars. In ca if you dont have proof its a fix it ticket with a automatic 25.00 fine (no exceptions). The state calls it a administration fee. I call it theft.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:53 PM

264 posts, read 1,591,543 times
They send you 2 copies, put one in your wallet & one in your glove box. Problem solved.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagirl View Post
They send you 2 copies, put one in your wallet & one in your glove box. Problem solved.
Good answer. Unfortunately though some people dont use common sense.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:49 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,184,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
yes I had both registration and insurance at the time of the stop but no proof. I now think I will have to go to court. Although someone said I wouldn't have to wait for the scheduled court date, I can go anytime before hand
That's true. You don't have to wait for the court date. Take your proof of insurance/registration to the clerk's office at the court listed on the ticket, and get it taken care of that way.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:23 PM

77 posts, read 296,989 times
I've had this happen. Observer53 is right -- you just go to the clerk of the court's office any time that they are open, stand in line for a few minutes, and then show the ticket + proof of insurance + registration to the person at the desk, and they'll get rid of the ticket for you. No need to wait for the court date. It's not something you can mail in though.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:08 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,721,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
yes I had both registration and insurance at the time of the stop but no proof. I now think I will have to go to court. Although someone said I wouldn't have to wait for the scheduled court date, I can go anytime before hand
I suggest calling the court clerk before you go to get a scheduled date and time.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:35 AM

27,227 posts, read 27,292,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post

its not really hard to do, but ironically I got pulled over a few years back for expired tags and at the same time, had just that day had renewed my insurance and had to wait for the new card to arrive in the mail (my insurance co doesnt have a physical office in Az). Though it costed me a small fine and I told the cop I can call the company and let him talk to a rep, he wanted to see a card instead. He did believe me, (guess it happens a lot?) he was at least very nice and even had a sense of humour, but I waited for the card to come in, renewed my tags, then went down to the court house to take care of the very small fine and it was done. Word of advice: Dont get caught with expired tags, you might just be opening a can of worms if you get pulled over, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area