Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,762,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive2Bgeeky View Post
  • Tell me about the 4 by 4!! Is it safe to assume it had 4 patties? LOL!
you can google their secret menu 4x4 is 4 patties and 4 slices of cheese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 02:46 PM

216 posts, read 589,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
you can google their secret menu 4x4 is 4 patties and 4 slices of cheese.
I'll do that! But, I should probably do that when I'm not hungry!

Thanks!

Old 03-08-2009, 04:19 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,993,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awf82 View Post
I had ann odd conversation with my brother last night and I wanted to share it and hear stories from other sheltered midwesterners who made the big move out west.
I recently moved to the valley from Green Bay WI and my brother moved to California from there a few years ago so he could appreciate some of the things I was dumbfounded by when I got here:

1.) There is not one single grocery store I recognize here. I was chastized by my coworkers for not knowing what Safeway or Costco was.
2.) You can have Guacamole added to anything in restaurants here.
3.)You can buy tabasco sauce at the convience store!
4.)There are more lanes on one side of the 101 than there are in the entire highway system where I come from.
5.)What the hell is Carl's Junior!? and why does Hardees let them use their logo? But again I forgive them because they'll put Guacamole on my cheeseburger. MMMmmmmmm.
6.)Cities can charge there own taxes?
7.)How long will I be awed by, palm trees, huge cactus's and olives on the sidewalk?
8.)How long will I obsesively check the bed sheets, towels, toilet, couch cushions etc. for scorpions?
9.)Everywhere I look there are mountains!
10.)The Garmin lady is my new best friend.
11.)What the hell is In N Out?
12.) How is it that the hottest city in America doesn't have a single waterpark that is even close to as cool as Wisconsin Dell's Noah's Ark.
13.)WOW Cheese is really expensive here!
14.)What? only one aisle of beer selection?
15.) Ahhh sun..
16.)I hate Iowa..... and Kansas.... and Oklahoma...... and northern Texas. you know what basically everything between Wisconsin and New Mexico.... YAWN.
17.)You can get a a speeding ticket from a camera?
18.)Why does everyone from Orange County want to tell me they're from Orange County?
19.) Everyone here is from somewhere else. I still haven't met an AZ Native. Maybe they live in those creepy houses out in the desert?
20.)People here have cool cars!

Any other sheltered midwesterners want to add to the list? Share your experiences!
I couldn't stop laughing at your post. I moved from San Diego to Wisconsin (Fox Cities area) two years ago. I TOO felt the culture shock. Here are a few of my observations:

1. What the hell is a Hardee's and why are they using the Carl's Jr. Star?
2. What is a cheese curd, and isn't a "brat" suppsed to be a spoiled kid?
3. How the hell do I drive in all this snow and ice?
4. Why don't you have a Rubio's fish tacos or a Jack-in-the-Box or an In n' Out Burger?
5. Wisconsinites don't know how to make guacamole.
6. What...you can smoke in restaurants here?? I need a gas mask.
7. What is a Festival Foods and, for heaven's sake...what is a Piggly Wiggly?
8. Can you die of multiple mosquito bites?
9. Hey...where are all the illegal aliens?
10. How the heck do you use this stupid snow blower?
11. I didn't know my property taxes would eat up half my paycheck.
12. Death can occur just minutes after being exposed to wind chills below 30 degrees farenheit.
13. Nobody here has ever been anywhere else. They look at me like I'm from outer space.
14. People drive around with dead deer tied to the top of their cars.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:33 PM

78 posts, read 270,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I couldn't stop laughing at your post. I moved from San Diego to Wisconsin (Fox Cities area) two years ago. I TOO felt the culture shock. Here are a few of my observations:

1. What the hell is a Hardee's and why are they using the Carl's Jr. Star?
2. What is a cheese curd, and isn't a "brat" suppsed to be a spoiled kid?
3. How the hell do I drive in all this snow and ice?
4. Why don't you have a Rubio's fish tacos or a Jack-in-the-Box or an In n' Out Burger?
5. Wisconsinites don't know how to make guacamole.
6. What...you can smoke in restaurants here?? I need a gas mask.
7. What is a Festival Foods and, for heaven's sake...what is a Piggly Wiggly?
8. Can you die of multiple mosquito bites?
9. Hey...where are all the illegal aliens?
10. How the heck do you use this stupid snow blower?
11. I didn't know my property taxes would eat up half my paycheck.
12. Death can occur just minutes after being exposed to wind chills below 30 degrees farenheit.
13. Nobody here has ever been anywhere else. They look at me like I'm from outer space.
14. People drive around with dead deer tied to the top of their cars.
OMG! That is so funny lol. Number 14 is my favorite, I can imagine that could actually be traumatizing to a newcomer and 13 is unfortunately all too true. Thanks for a good laugh.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:16 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Funny post.
When I moved here and saw my first "Trader Joe's," I thought it was some weird type of department store perhaps. After I got in, I don't think I ever got out. One of my most favorite places.
The roads were so wide, to me, too. And no cops anywhere to be seen. Not like Florida (police state--they ticket you for jay walking) or New York (they definitely ticket you for not wearing your seat belt).
And, the concrete walls around the back yards. That was interesting.
And, who'd think Marie Callender's was a restaurant, too? I only knew her from her frozen peach cobblers...in the grocery store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: