Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 07:27 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,017,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lane View Post
Well I guess I COULD (reluctantly) take this as a complement since I left Arizona and New Mexico.

Arizonans and people from the west coast are polar opposites on all of the political scales and personality scales, such as The United States of Mind survey.

As for that talk radio message board, they need to take that page down. It's run by someone in NM, which like Flagstaff, is a very regressive place to live.

I'm sure my very good friend and talk radio host Jay Diamond in Manhattan will have a good laugh when I forward him these posts
You do that and forward this post to your "good friend and talk radio host Jay Diamond in Manhattan." Why don't you invite him to post on here to share his ideas. Maybe we can school him a little more on Arizona and "real" tolerance and live and let if IF he has the same wrongful opinion of this great state like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,816 times
Default Kphx

What happened to 1480 am radio in Phx? Is there another liberal radio station in Phoenix? KPIX evidently went off the air

Old 07-12-2017, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,816 times
I just signed up for this (?) today & I am not tech savy. I just want to know what happened to the radio station I always listened to.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:48 PM

164 posts, read 183,844 times
There isn't any money in liberal talk radio. Most shows have gone to podcasts. Stephanie Miller and Thom Hartman are on Sirius XM. Randi Rhodes, Mike Malloy and the others are on podcasts or Progressive Voices network. Randi Rhodes is my favorite because of her research and sense of humor. Buy a stinkin' podcast ya bastid.

Home - Progressive Voices

Old 07-13-2017, 02:06 PM

247 posts, read 844,054 times
Radio-Locator currently lists 1480 as off the air. Bummer, I love listening to Thom Hartmann and really like Dom & Crute in the afternoon. Dom & Crute stream on Devils Advocate online 3-5pm. Thom Hartmann, Bill Press, Stephanie Miller, Randi Rhodes and other progressives can be heard on TuneIn click on Progressive Voices. If you have Android Auto or Apple Car play, you can control TuneIn with voice commands. Download the Tune in app or you can listen on a pc/laptop

Old 08-02-2017, 02:29 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Radio goes where the $$$$ is. There's very little money in liberal talk radio in Phoenix. Each station seems to go through an inevitable cycle of mild prosperity, financial bleeding and then reformatting. Its not a good market for it, the demand really isn't high but usually you can stream whatever shows you like online or through your smartphone via various apps. Also satellite radio will have several offerings as well.

NPR is available if you're just looking for a steady news source.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Obviously y'all have computers or some other device that is web capable. How's about just looking for the left wing podcasts?

Liberal radio dies off pretty much everywhere it's tried with a few exceptions of far left enclaves, heck,even on cable left/far left/far,far left stations like MSNBC don't do all that well.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:05 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
1480 had such a poor signal at night that I gave up listening to it. Maybe it got better on 1190, but I had given up by then.

I can get my Rachel Maddow fix on MSNBC, anyway.
How would I have ever guessed you are an MSNBC/Rachel Madcow fan?

Old 08-02-2017, 04:25 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,742,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Obviously y'all have computers or some other device that is web capable. How's about just looking for the left wing podcasts?

Liberal radio dies off pretty much everywhere it's tried with a few exceptions of far left enclaves, heck,even on cable left/far left/far,far left stations like MSNBC don't do all that well.
Not entirely true, while Fox leads overall, Rachel Maddow frequently gets the highest ratings in the coveted 25-54 demographic and MSNBC frequently comes in first in prime time.

Scoreboard: Monday, July 31 | TVNewser

Old 08-03-2017, 03:47 PM

975 posts, read 1,404,804 times
I'm left of center politically and KTAR is making itself almost un-listenable to me.

The morning news show used to be non-partisan. However, with the addition of Jim Sharpe it has taken a very noticeable rightward slant.

Likewise, Bruce St. James used to be more of a centrist show, but Pamela Hughes gives it more of a rightward slant now too.

I won't even get into the new 6 p.m. show Reality Check With Darin Damme which is very far to the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area