Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:47 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,160,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Well as you know...I'm a republican and I have always voted republican. However, I vote republican because the other side is just to far out there to the left.

As for my Left Wing Bias retarded propoganda, I think I just want him to do his job. The job we pay him to do. If he's not going to work, then why not let someone else who will. Nice try...Lola!
I think your reasoning is soooo absured it's funny. McCain has always done what's best for Arizona......who would you recomend? Somone like Obama?? lol that's a joke....nice try though sweetie A for effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 03:15 PM

467 posts, read 1,189,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I think your reasoning is soooo absured it's funny. McCain has always done what's best for Arizona......who would you recomend? Somone like Obama?? lol that's a joke....nice try though sweetie A for effort.
Joe Arpaio!

Old 03-17-2009, 03:36 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,482,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Joe Arpaio!
You had me until you wrote his name. lol rep for making me laugh.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
You had me until you wrote his name. lol rep for making me laugh.
Well, here's how I see it...

Joe seem to be the only political person within the state that is willing to crack down on all of these Illegals. Now, even though Joe is a Republican, by placing him in office, he would have the balls to go to Washington to tell those yahoo's to fix the board problems.

You want more money for education, more money for healthcare, more money for whatever...then control the Illegal immigration within the state.

You see, we never seem to have enought money for these things. Why? Each years we give more money to these programs and each year we get more illegals flooding into the state. Why? Because there's free education that you and I are paying for that's why. The class rooms are over crowded with students that are from Illegal families and the only thing we do is keep throwing money at it. Like money is the fix all.

What we need is to secure the borders to stop the inflow of Illegals into the state so that your tax dollars will go farther.

Have you gone down to the emergency room? Do you know it actually cost money, maybe twice as mush or maybe three times as much money to go into the emergency room, as it is to go see a regular doctor.

But, they all know that if you don't have money and you have or don't have an emergency, you can go to any hospital and get taken care of, all on the taxs payers dime.

You want more money for your daughter or son's education, you want more money to make sure your daughter or son has good medical care. Control the illegal immigration problems and you will have all of the money you will ever need to run any social program and probably have a hell of a lot of money left over.

But, first, someone need to control the borders. But no one wants to talk about this in fear that they will be branded a racist.

Oh, but these are people that are just trying to get ahead!

Yeah, and they can get ahead in their country as well.

Oh, but if we send them all home, who will wash my car and serve my dinner at the local mexican restaurant?

Kids in school that are looking for part time work. Why not? I did when I was a teenager. The problem is all of the jobs are taken by illegals.

Oh, how do you know they are illegal? You just can't go around profiling people!

Yes you can! Here's a clue..."If they don't speak ENGLISH they are illegal" get it!

Well some people are born here in this country and they don't speak english!

Yeah, and they are still in diapers.

My family came to America just like everyone else did years and years ago, the correct way, not by crossing the desert in the middle of the night way.

Hello, if you come into this country and you don't do it the right way, you are breaking the law. This is criminal and you should be put in jail and have you sorry you know what shipped back to where you came from.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:43 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,287,779 times
If anyone has time, I would encourage them to read a Time magazine article about the border. The cover of that issue is entitled "The Great Wall of America" In a nutshell, the article discusses the use of a physical wall and how it's been extremely effective on the parts of the Arizona border in which its been implemented namely the Western Arizona border. It's sad because the media and politicians fail to discuss just how effective a physical border has been in the places that it's been built. There is no reason why we can't extend this wall to cover the entire southern Arizona border. Sure, it's not a perfect solution but it does work. Arizona deserves props because that article shows our state has been more proactive and progressive about installing the wall than California, New Mexico and Texas. I guarantee if Arizona completes their border/wall, the illegal immigration will go down considerably.

Seriously, if we want to improve our economy and create jobs, AZ should start a mass scale and sophisticated wall project at our southern border. By wall, I'm not talking about the cheap chicken wire or 10 ft fences you see now

Old 03-17-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
If anyone has time, I would encourage them to read a Time magazine article about the border. The cover of that issue is entitled "The Great Wall of America" In a nutshell, the article discusses the use of a physical wall and how it's been extremely effective on the parts of the Arizona border in which its been implemented namely the Western Arizona border. It's sad because the media and politicians fail to discuss just how effective a physical border has been in the places that it's been built. There is no reason why we can't extend this wall to cover the entire southern Arizona border. Sure, it's not a perfect solution but it does work. Arizona deserves props because that article shows our state has been more proactive and progressive about installing the wall than Texas for example. I guarantee if Arizona completes their border/wall, the illegal immigration will go down considerably.
Well, this should be in the "Fighting the War of Terrior" budget. Where some of this money should come to the state to help finance border security. Nowever, who's going to go to Washington to ask for all this money...McCain?

Old 03-17-2009, 08:03 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,291,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
In the words of JFK, "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country. Why is it that everyone has a hand out for something that they feel entitled to?
What you can do for your country:

- Campaign for healthcare reform
- Do everything in your power to keep your job
- Don't buy into the fearmongering and live your life as normal (spend, but sensibly)
- Buy American
- Donate to one (or more) of the many charities to help fellow Americans back on their feet
- If you're out of work, consider joining the police or even the army, if all else fails
- Obey the law

Old 03-17-2009, 11:46 PM

611 posts, read 1,990,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
lol....this is cute. Sounds like nothing more than a soap box rant to me....

McCain has been great for Arizona. Bottom line.

Bottom line? How about filling in some of the top lines? It's simple to proclaim "McCain has been great for Arizona" with absolutely zero examples of how you reached that conclusion. Are you just simple mindedly declaring McCain a success due to party loyalty or maybe some right wing talking points you've fallen for? Do you actually have some facts and figures to support your position. You ridicule Head Coach for his "absurd" reasoning yet offer no reasoning for your position. So where are your examples?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
Bottom line? How about filling in some of the top lines? It's simple to proclaim "McCain has been great for Arizona" with absolutely zero examples of how you reached that conclusion. Are you just simple mindedly declaring McCain a success due to party loyalty or maybe some right wing talking points you've fallen for? Do you actually have some facts and figures to support your position. You ridicule Head Coach for his "absurd" reasoning yet offer no reasoning for your position. So where are your examples?
THANK YOU, Markas . . . great questions?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
Do you actually have some facts and figures to support your position. You ridicule Head Coach for his "absurd" reasoning yet offer no reasoning for your position. So where are your examples?
Well in her defense, she just goose stepping in line with the rest of them so she doesn't wall.

Example: Have you ever watch a "Pass and Review"? This is where you get about 200+ people marching in step and they pass in from of the review stand, general in step with the guy in front and the guy in back.

Then just before they get to the review stand, someone up front, gives a command to "Eyes Right" so it look like they are all looking at the person doing the review, but in reality, they are all looking at the far right guy at the end of the line to make sure they are still in line and in step.

It looks good and it sound good, but the last thing they want to do is get out of step or the whole thing comes crumbling down and that could be disastrous.

So instead of speaking outside of the party, it better to just say in step where it's safe.

Last edited by Head coach; 03-18-2009 at 11:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area