Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:23 AM

116 posts, read 368,499 times

Advertisements

I guess its a matter of what lifestyle you want to pursue. They say most people meet their mate at work these days. If I was 30 (again) and single (again), Id move to Los Angeles, not Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 01:33 AM

27 posts, read 157,341 times
Sigh, I wandered into a gay bar before... I don't like to talk about it.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:34 AM

25 posts, read 55,198 times
LA really isn't my thing. My occupational hazard is that I work in a small office! Toughto meet your mate when you work with two other people. Or any other friends, for that matter.

I moved to Minneapolis 11 years ago, and I went about my move here all wrong. The career I am in does not really allow me to work with many people. So I found myself 20 years old and working in an office with 4-8 other people, all in their 50's. My friend pool here is pretty shallow.

I want to do this next move right!

Old 03-18-2009, 09:15 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
You might want to rethink moving to Phoenix. I was born there and lived 30 years of my life there. It is dull and boring, especially for singles. I since moved to Vegas and found it to be much more entertaining. If you look at my profile picture, I am definitely not a good looking guy, but I still have fun here.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:42 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeniebeenie View Post
Hello all,

I have been lurking around here for a few weeks. I am a 30 year-old single lady and I am sick of the cold weather that I get in Minnesota! I am looking at moving to AZ within the year. I am wondering, though, what community is best for 30-something single people? I see all kinds of places for families and retiree's, but nothing for a single person.

Any advice?
I would say most any place in the Valley. I'm lived in southern Chandler for about 2 year a couple of recent years ago when I was 27, 28 and 29 and I will tell you that I met and dated single women of all ages from 18 to 55 all over the metro area. I met them on the Valley Metro Bus while going to work in downtown; while eating lunch during the workday in downtown and at eateries along Central Ave north of downtown; i met them at LA Fitness when I would workout; I met them at the dry cleaners; I met them at Albertsons, Fry's, Target; I met them when I would hangout in Scottsdale; when I would hike South Mountain on the weekends; when I would go to the gas station; at Kona Grill over at Chandler Fashion Mall; you get the point.

If you're very approachable and friendly you should have no problem. But if you have your b*tch shield up.......................I'm not saying you're a b*tch, then you'll find it hard to meet guys.

As far as meeting people in general, I found it to be pretty easy. There are a lot of friendly people in the area and they're pretty easy to talk to and get to know. When I lived there I had friends that were as young as 18 and as old as 52 but all of them were cool people. Where I live now everyone is so stuck in their own little circles that its hard for a new person to break into that inner circle. Not the case in PHX, which is why I love the area.

Just my five cents and two dimes.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
As far as meeting people in general, I found it to be pretty easy. There are a lot of friendly people in the area and they're pretty easy to talk to and get to know. When I lived there I had friends that were as young as 18 and as old as 52 but all of them were cool people. Where I live now everyone is so stuck in their own little circles that its hard for a new person to break into that inner circle. Not the case in PHX, which is why I love the area.

This is how I find Minneapolis. If you didn't go to high school here or the right private college, it is almost impossible to break through the cliques. I am super glad to hear that people are more open in Phoenix! When I moved to Minnesota, everyone said that I was lucky because of the "Minnesota Nice." After 11 years here, I think that "Minnesota Nice" is total BS!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
This is how I find Minneapolis. If you didn't go to high school here or the right private college, it is almost impossible to break through the cliques. I am super glad to hear that people are more open in Phoenix! When I moved to Minnesota, everyone said that I was lucky because of the "Minnesota Nice." After 11 years here, I think that "Minnesota Nice" is total BS!
This dude from Minn told me the same thing about Minn that you mentioned above.

When you move down you'll find that there are a number of people from Minn that live in the PHX area and I've met quite a few of them. However, I found that they don't bring that cliquish attitude with them when they come down to PHX.

I've never heard that term "Minnesota Nice", but for the most part the folks I met are nice. Now there is this one woman from Minn whom ways I don't quite understand but she....................................ok i'll stop right there before I say something that would be considered rude.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 PM

But now I'm intrigued!

Old 03-18-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
But now I'm intrigued!
I will say that it is a frustrating, maddening, pulling my hair out trying to understand her, 2,200 miles apart, she being afraid, sort of situation that I acquired while I was single and living in Phoenix................. oh just see my status below my name. Says it all.

Now you see all of the great joy that being single and living in PHX can bring into your life even when you're not living there anymore but you visit ever so often.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 AM

837 posts, read 2,334,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I would say most any place in the Valley. I'm lived in southern Chandler for about 2 year a couple of recent years ago when I was 27, 28 and 29 and I will tell you that I met and dated single women of all ages from 18 to 55 all over the metro area. I met them on the Valley Metro Bus while going to work in downtown; while eating lunch during the workday in downtown and at eateries along Central Ave north of downtown; i met them at LA Fitness when I would workout; I met them at the dry cleaners; I met them at Albertsons, Fry's, Target; I met them when I would hangout in Scottsdale; when I would hike South Mountain on the weekends; when I would go to the gas station; at Kona Grill over at Chandler Fashion Mall; you get the point.

If you're very approachable and friendly you should have no problem. But if you have your b*tch shield up.......................I'm not saying you're a b*tch, then you'll find it hard to meet guys.

LOL, sounds like you have some PUA skillz, I have sarged all over the valley myself, but the best spots seem to be in scottsdale for the nightlife.

Teeniewienniebeenie, when are you coming to PHX? Have you visited before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area