Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2007, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 14,337 times

Advertisements

I am A 32 year old mother of 4. I have really been thinking of moving to Mesa from Chicago. I would like my family to live in a different environment Chicago is not it for my children. Can someone give me some input on mesa the truth please don't hide anything. How is the crime rate, schools, gang activities I need the whole 9 yards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 12:32 PM

50 posts, read 223,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reese1 View Post
I am A 32 year old mother of 4. I have really been thinking of moving to Mesa from Chicago. I would like my family to live in a different environment Chicago is not it for my children. Can someone give me some input on mesa the truth please don't hide anything. How is the crime rate, schools, gang activities I need the whole 9 yards.
I recently moved by family to Gilbert, AZ from out of state. Gilbert borders Mesa. Gilbert has one of the best school districts in the state and has been rated the safest city in Arizona. It is also #22 on the list of safest cities in the United States. When I was doing my research as to where to move, this was the best combination of safety/good education/economy that I found. I'm happy we moved here and my children love it. Feel free to PM me if you want to. I'll be happy to give you as much information as possible about my experiences moving here. Good luck.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:35 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,789,365 times
Quote:
Here is a good starting point from Mesa PD's web page:

http://www.cityofmesa.org/police/cri...asic_info.aspx

Follow the links to find the specifics you're looking for, or give them a call at the non-emegency number.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:42 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
If I had to choose between raising kids in Mesa or in Chicago, I would choose Chicago hands down! What about the suburbs? I would have a hard time raising kids here.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:43 AM

23 posts, read 153,820 times
Default Chicago suburbs

The chicago suburbs have pretty really good schools. The only reason Im thinking about moving to AZ is to start off my career in law enforcement.

Last edited by Marcus23; 03-27-2007 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: too short

Old 03-31-2007, 08:00 PM

4 posts, read 36,764 times
Anything east of Linsey and South of the US 60 would be good

Old 03-31-2007, 08:15 PM

416 posts, read 2,510,188 times
Gilbert would be much better than Mesa. As far as school systems, Chicago is well more advanced than anywhere in Arizona. I would do some extensive research into private schools, otherwise, you will be disappointed.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:09 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_singlemother View Post
Gilbert would be much better than Mesa. As far as school systems, Chicago is well more advanced than anywhere in Arizona. I would do some extensive research into private schools, otherwise, you will be disappointed.
This is a great point! I totally agree with you. Most of the suburbs have excellant schools up there. Both of my bf's parents were teachers/principals in the west suburbs. AZ is ranked at the near bottom of education.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
MG1

37 posts, read 113,247 times
Quote:
I was born in Chicago, but raised in Mesa. I now have a child of my own on the way, and we're leaving AZ forever. Anywhere is better. Be prepared to have your children indoors for 4 months of the year, since it's too hot to go outside and play (110 in the daytime, and still 90 at four in the morning!). And they'll get sick of going into a swimming pool every day, that's for sure.

Crime is terrible, just compare Mesa with most any area. Schools are pretty good. There is ever increasing gang situations, and with the open border policy of the governor, expect the gangs to get worse and worse.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:19 PM

2 posts, read 11,632 times
Question Thinking of relocating to Mesa,AZ

Quote:

Hi, I am a single mother of four, and I have been doing some research on Mesa,AZ. I was just wondering if you decided to move there and if so how did it work out for you and would you recommend to someone else?

Last edited by T_Woods467; 02-10-2009 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Add a title
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area