Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2009, 01:49 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,447,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec34 View Post
Well, good luck. Really you shouldn't take all the nasties into account when making your decision, but suit yourself. And bring a sweater./..
Well, thank you. It is very cold in the Sunset (where I lived), at least, in June, July and August, ok maybe always. Nonetheless, the fog rolls in and it's a beautiful sight, almost magical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Consider the source: it is clearly a masochist-------------otherwise the OP would not be saying such inane things time and time again just to be flamed.
BTW, isn't is AGAINST the rules to Flame someone?

Old 04-17-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexx View Post
have you ever heard of nature and exploring it!!!! hmmm moving on may be better i dont live in az i live in utah its very pretty here but i would rather be there trust me!!!
Well, you don't live here, so how can you know?

Old 04-17-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
I just love this post. I'm an "old school liberal" too!

Have you ever listened to Dennis Prager on radio? I think you might like him.

Oh, and seeing that Movin' On has moved on and I guess this is not a thread hijack.

Anyway, I already wished her well. Anyone want to post a nice good bye to her?

I'll start:

I know you are a dog lover and that makes you tops in my book. Good luck Movin On!
No, I have never listened to him. Can it be streamed? Thank you, I am soooooooooooooooo much a dog lover, in spite of the fact that my pups destroyed my glasses today. They are puppies, after all. I do love them dearly and must practice patience. And I confess, I have spoiled them. But how can one not spoil two adorable Shih Tzu pups? It's impossible.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
I'm glad something worked out for you! By up there you mean SF correct? Best of luck to ya.
Yes, SF or more precisely, the south Bay Area.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Movin On is monkeying around with the posts.

I will say a fond farewell. Again.
How so?

Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
I've been reading this thread and I just have to say that I find it HARD to believe that there's nothing to do in Phoenix. If that was the case, people would not move here. Personally, I find it really neat to look outside of your window and see sunny weather most of the year although it can get old.

I have to admit sunny weather is better than having to deal with hurricanes and tornadoes. I have been looking at photos of the Phoenix area and find that it looks nicer than what some people say. It would be great to visit.
You're from California? What part exactly? The sun can be oh so oppresive here, especially when coupled with the lack of wind in the summer.

Last edited by movin'on; 04-17-2009 at 02:53 PM..

Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,694,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
You're from California? What part exactly? The sun can be oh so oppresive here, especially when coupled with the lack of wind in the summer.
I live in the LA metro area. You are talking about oppressive heat? Well let me tell you, the area where I live, due to the smog that accumulates, the heat here is tough to handle. We get our fair share of 100+ degree days here too. I would think Phoenix heat would be easier to handle because there's less smog, am I right? At least Phoenix gets thunderstorms which in its own way is nice, right?

Old 04-17-2009, 04:38 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,391,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
No, I And I confess, I have spoiled them. But how can one not spoil two adorable Shih Tzu pups? It's impossible.
Awwwww. How not, indeed?

Old 04-17-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
I live in the LA metro area. You are talking about oppressive heat? Well let me tell you, the area where I live, due to the smog that accumulates, the heat here is tough to handle. We get our fair share of 100+ degree days here too. I would think Phoenix heat would be easier to handle because there's less smog, am I right? At least Phoenix gets thunderstorms which in its own way is nice, right?
We have smog too, and the monsoons occur less frequently each year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area