Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:22 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,293,471 times

Advertisements

We got a letter in the mail from our HOA saying that we have "weeds in landscape gravel, please remove weeds from landscape". The thing is, we don't have ANY weeds in our front or backyard. We do yardwork constantly and I spray for weeds once a week, I love having a nice looking yard!

How can we get a complaint about something that isn't true? Plus, we have lots of neighbors that have TONS of weeds.. why would they choose us when we don't have any?

Anyways, I am very upset now. I am going to call their office monday, but will they erase their complaint in their records.. or should I set up a board meeting and fight it? Or should I just let it go? I am just wondering how easy or difficult will it be to prove that they are making things up..

It just doesn't make sense..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 04:33 PM

203 posts, read 810,252 times
take pictures of yours. and take pictures of the yards around you and send them to the hoa.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:40 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,623,277 times
HOA's have the same problem as the government. Its people running an operation that has some sort of power over others. Many people that become a part of the HOA do it because no one else will, or they want that power. People make mistakes and then get offended when you point it out to them.

Certainly fight it, they will never know they made a mistake if they don't hear from you.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:44 PM

12 posts, read 58,540 times
The possibility exists that it was a typo when they typed the report. Maybe your nieghbor was the one they meant to write up. I would call the HOA and verify it is your house they meant to write up.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:47 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Simple solution, The Girl . . .

Request to be added to the agenda for the next meeting and present your case with a couple of shots of your Front and Back Yard.

Do NOT get upset and/or frustrated since the letter is obviously a mistake. CALMLY and professionally present your case at the meeting and I have a feeling you'll realized the HOA is not your enemy but merely doing their best to maintain a well manicured community for all to enjoy and benefit.

Good Luck

Old 04-12-2009, 07:19 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman469 View Post
take pictures of yours. and take pictures of the yards around you and send them to the hoa.
My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps they got the wrong address. I'm pretty sure HOA management is less than human average intelligence anyway. Mooooo......

Old 04-12-2009, 08:36 PM

587 posts, read 1,419,740 times
Yeah, it's probably just a mistake. When we first moved into Estrella Mountain Ranch in early '01 we got a letter from the HOA upset because we painted our driveway.

I was like WHAT!?

It turned out it was just a mistake. Of course, I drove around looking for a painted driveway because I was curious, but I never found one!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:12 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Don't those weed letters get to you!!! It's like who the F are they?!?!? when you get one. You cuss and stomp and swear there will be blood on moon before this is over. But then you calm down which I am sure you have by now. Weed letters are no big deal. They probably got the wrong address when they canvassed the neighborhood for weeds. If you are still angry then call them and let them know that you think the letter was sent in error, but be decent about it. That would be an appropriate response. Going to the HOA meeting with photos? Life's too short and I think you would look like a fool to everyone for getting that worked about about something so trivial.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:47 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't those weed letters get to you!!! It's like who the F are they?!?!? when you get one. You cuss and stomp and swear there will be blood on moon before this is over. But then you calm down which I am sure you have by now. Weed letters are no big deal. They probably got the wrong address when they canvassed the neighborhood for weeds. If you are still angry then call them and let them know that you think the letter was sent in error, but be decent about it. That would be an appropriate response. Going to the HOA meeting with photos? Life's too short and I think you would look like a fool to everyone for getting that worked about about something so trivial.
I agree, stay away from the meeting, just call and suggest that they must have made an error in the house number.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:19 AM

496 posts, read 1,054,788 times
I thought they are suppose to do yard maintaince Thats what you pay fess for isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area