Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 01:16 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times

Advertisements

You guys are making me hungry. What an amazing place, the food is just walking around the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 09:52 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
yup, you sure will! Neighbor "weirdo" is making me "rehome" my small flock, that has been supplying eggs to half the neighborhood for over a year now. . . .
On the bright side, they will have a wonderful home with a friend in Flagstaff. . .I will no longer be "buying eggs " (feed, treats, care) for the neighbors, and I can happily contemplate getting a much more annoying bird for the coop / aviary! Anyone got a loud, annoying parrot they want to re-home?
We brought my son's pet banty hen with us from our home in n. CA and the stupid bird was just a little too happy here and we had a neighbor going door to door looking for the chickens. It was funny to watch him turn red but we did find her a good home at a local feed store. I would suggest getting a cockatoo or a macaw and doing a nice outdoor aviary to house your new pet. They will wake the dead. LOL Or better yet a conure of some sort, very loud and all day not just twice a day.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:14 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,644,913 times
A stayed with a friend when I first moved here and she had 3 ducks. I did not care much for those ducks as they pooped all over and would snap at me as I would hang clothes out to dry . yes it was in the city and they had a walled yard. They were somewhat loud but I guess no one complained.....
I swear she was turning her house into an aviary. In the couple months I was there she squired 3 parakeets 2 pigeons and some other small type of bird.
Glad Im not there anymore lol.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:43 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
A stayed with a friend when I first moved here and she had 3 ducks. I did not care much for those ducks as they pooped all over and would snap at me as I would hang clothes out to dry . yes it was in the city and they had a walled yard. They were somewhat loud but I guess no one complained.....
I swear she was turning her house into an aviary. In the couple months I was there she squired 3 parakeets 2 pigeons and some other small type of bird.
Glad Im not there anymore lol.
We went to a woman's house in Hollywood, Ca years ago for a potential remodel and she was a bit of a nut/horder type and every square inch of wall space from floor to ceiling had birds and cages. The floor was about 3 inches of seed and you had to walk across it. The kitchen was not even habitable as it also had every available inch of counter space covered in cages and poop. So loud you could not hear yourself. That is why I suggested getting a couple of conures to keep on the patio to amuze the grumpy neighbor.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:23 PM

73 posts, read 269,502 times
Does anyone know about the laws in Scottsdale? I would love to get a coop but the logical place is on the side of the house next to our own neighborhood weirdos. Apparently they used to get very angry about the children who lived here so I can imagine how they'd react to chickens.

It's a shame because the neighbors on the other side of us have chickens we never hear a peep from (ba da ba.) It would be tough for us to put a coop on that side because the gate is there, as well as a putting green and a nice patio I'd like to keep clear.

We don't have any HOA. Can our neighbors stop us? I'm talking just a few hens here. Besides the concrete wall, there are bushes on their side that give them 12 feet of privacy from us...

Old 08-17-2013, 05:45 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Google searching for the city ordinance (Sec 4-17) no restriction except for noise issues, so I'd avoid a rooster.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:10 PM

537 posts, read 1,544,948 times
Maybe you could get the critters debarked. Think of all the nice fresh omelettes, and a crock pot would always be the perfect gift for you.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:54 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
What a mean spirited neighbor the OP has. I would put up with some noise in return for fresh eggs. Then again I'm not very noise averse compared to some people who want to live in a cemetery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area