Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:22 PM

22 posts, read 106,708 times

Advertisements

Was wondering if anyone lives or knows much about the Tartesso development in Buckeye? What is your opinion on this area, I am considering moving here, just wanted to hear some input from others. Also, what about Trend Homes? Does anyone have experience with this builder? Has anyone heard of others experiences? I hope some of you can help me. Thanks!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,160 times
I don't have any help for you with Tartesso, but I do like Trend Homes. Everyone I know that's built a home with them was pleased. Their designs are trendy and they offer lots of options. If you like their floorplans, you might also want to look at builders like Capital Pacific Homes, Standard Pacific Homes, and Meritage. When we looked for a home, we were frustrated with the fact that all the floorplans were the same. These four builders seemed to me to have "something different."

Old 04-06-2007, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 16,524 times
Default Stay Away From Trend Homes!!!!

jcljunior,

I am in the process of building a home with Trend. Although jco has mentioned he has not "heard" of any negative comments about them, I do not get the impression he has used them.

Thier contract is tremendously pro-Trend..read it very carefully and have your realtor or attorney review it as well....but if you want to change anything you dont like..you can't...it is take it or leave it. All of the options you see in the model..not available...just for show. Thier design center people "forget" to tell you things are not included, until after the fact that you ask about it and they tell you it is too late to make changes. Thier subs were terrible to deal with. Thier preferred lender's (that is part of Trend) rates are HIGH...but if you dont use thier lender, they make your life hell (please excuse the language) and they add $9,500 to the price of the home and you have to put your full down payment as earnest money...so the "so called" incentive...not so much.

I consider ourselves informed, but not unreasonable....and I tell you, I would never recommend Trend to anyone!

Old 04-09-2007, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 8,401 times
Exclamation Trend, maybe not the way to go

I agree with "Momelley" as I am nearing the end of my building process with Trend Homes. I can not say anything for the area you are looking to build in as my home is in Gilbert, but I would not EVER recommend this builder. Initially we bought our home from Trend as they were once a market leader (one of here in the Valley), but as stated earlier they write their contract so pro-Trend that you could never consider escaping without huge consequences. Additionally, you are forced to buy levels that you may not want in order to initiate a contract (we were told for our lot we could only have the elevation that was $6,000 additional). Additionally, there Home Show Mortgage was/is a joke as they are at least a quarter percentage higher than other lenders, falsefy your information to get you pre-approved and do not look at other options (loans) that may be a better match for you.
The design center is a joke too as they "forget" to show you options or let you know when you have options instead of telling you to take it or leave it. Our final design alloted us 3 hours, our design person was nice, but rushed us through in 1 hours as she had plans to meet up with friends that night. We had to use that appointment vs. reschedule as we were contractually obligated to have our choices by that date or take the defaults.
We survived that to only be insulted by the building process. We have had multiple meetings with our frame super as they were using cracked wood, holes in the middle of the second story floor that was covered instead of repaire, walls forgotten then put up hazardly, unlevel walls, plumbing in wrong area, and pools of water left for days with gypsum walls being exposed (submerged) in the water. We presented all these items and they were modified, I don't want to say fixed as they were never truly fixed as they were not structural. Post framing we have had issues with broken out windows, exterior walls damaged, uneven drywall being put up and then corrected with globs of wall putty instead of fixing the issue. We have found issues with their two-coat painting where it is uneven, not smooth and simply missing on certain walls and parts of the house. There are areas of the home where the paint was placed over drywall dust to now give a rough texture in contrast to the skip trowel that was done.
It is understood that there is no perfect house, but our home and the houses being built along with ours are of such low quality that we would never ever consider this builder for anything in the future. We are at this time trying to get these issues rectified prior to closing, but it is felt by Trend that they are not obligated to fix these issues and will make their money from you one way or another via the sale of the home or you losing your earnest money and 5% of your house price to cancel a contract.
I recommend you look at houses under construction before you sign any contract as the labor and quality of work being done is sub-par. Additionally, read your contract thoroughly and understand that a company that must include so much legal protection for themselves are maybe doing this for a reason.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:14 PM

54 posts, read 225,615 times
Default Trend Homes in Tartesso

I recommend Trend Homes to anyone. I have been very please with my Trend Homes In Tartesso. First off "Mark" my sales guy was able to make many changes to the contract even after we made final chocies on our home, like upgrades and so fourth. Second, Tartesso is a great place as it is now, but soon to come are much better things for the community and the area. Very big parks and great landscaping all over the entire community. Third, The Trend Homes communities are well thought out every house on any given street looks very differant form the homes next to it. No box style. There is a small park with in each smaller community and larger parks all around Tartesso. One park next to my home has basketabll courts, tennis, and baseball feilds also a splash area for kids or dogs. haha. Tartesso is growing quickly and in a short time will be seeing markets and other services inside Tartesso it's self.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:59 PM

2 posts, read 16,524 times
bif,

Either you are speaking of another builder, you actually work for Trend or the changes you speak of were made in the bizarro world!

Not only from personal experience but concurrence from others in my shoes....Trend ademently does not/would not allow changes after the design center selections are made.

So if that was your experience...it is not the norm!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM

3 posts, read 13,483 times
I just bought my new home @ Tartesso this past Thursday. Yes! For those of you who are on the sideline wondering about making a sound investment, please take a very good look at Tartesso. When you have a moment, take at Buckeye, Arizona Master Planned Community: Tartesso and send me your reply. :-)

Crime will not be a factor in Tartesso. However, some people who move hear will need to be re-educated on how to live in "our" community like everyone else.

I welcome your comments...

Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 PM

Congrats outbackaz on the new home! I also just bought a home in Tartesso last week! I got a Trend Home, what about you? The area looks like it has so much potential. I know a lot of people don't like having an HOA, but i think having one will protect everyone's investment in Tartesso, and make sure that the community moves in the right direction. Has anyone been living in Tartesso? Tell us about it, i can't wait to get moved in!

Old 07-02-2007, 02:28 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,717 times
How much a month is the HOA fee in Tartesso?

Old 07-02-2007, 07:19 PM

$52/month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area