Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:56 AM

157 posts, read 422,021 times

Advertisements

I would suggest Wigwam area of Litchfield Park or Palm Valley in Goodyear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 02:35 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,250,116 times
jenraynor - Scottsdale, Chandler and Ahwatukee would be a heck of a drive, especially considering that there are plenty of nice homes near Luke AFB. I guarantee your husband will get sick of the commute.

As I said, there is a ton of housing around the Luke AFB area if you want proximity. As someone suggested, Litchfield Park and Palm Valley in Goodyear are nice areas, too. They are not far from the base either. Probably around 15-20 minutes give or take.

May I also suggest Verrado. That's about a 25-30 minute commute. For a growing family, you will love it there. Every home is within walking distance to a neighborhood park; the neighborhood is nestled at the foot of the White Tank Mountains; it's separated from the bustle and hustle of city life; and it's just got a great neighborhood feel to it. It's a ways drive to downtown (close to an hour probably when there's traffic) but if that isn't a concern for you then no biggie. I just think Verrado is a nice alternative than all the other subdivisions. At least take a look!

I'm a civilian at Luke AFB and we are currently in the market for a home. We are looking for a place in Verrado. It's the perfect "middle ground" for my husband and I as he drives even way out more west for work. It may not work for you but I've been doing my "homework" for close to a year now and I know I want to live nowhere else. You're not going to get as good of a "deal" as some other places perhaps but definitely consider Verrado! I hope it's ok to post this link: Downtown Phoenix Arizona Homes - Verrado. If not, I will delete it.

Good luck in your search!!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:11 PM

47 posts, read 119,341 times
We are an AF family too, and we are buying in Marley Park (which is in Surprise). There are some great deals to be found there right now, and it isn't too far from Luke either. It is a master planned community like Verrado. I know a great real estate agent that lives in the area, so PM me if you want more details.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:20 AM

21 posts, read 74,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiJa View Post
We are an AF family too, and we are buying in Marley Park (which is in Surprise). There are some great deals to be found there right now, and it isn't too far from Luke either. It is a master planned community like Verrado. I know a great real estate agent that lives in the area, so PM me if you want more details.
I agree with Tija...Marley Park would be a great place to look. It is a very nice master planned community and very close to Luke.

Marley Park - A Celebration of Home - Surprise, Arizona

Old 04-30-2009, 10:23 AM

21 posts, read 74,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
jenraynor - Scottsdale, Chandler and Ahwatukee would be a heck of a drive, especially considering that there are plenty of nice homes near Luke AFB. I guarantee your husband will get sick of the commute.

As I said, there is a ton of housing around the Luke AFB area if you want proximity. As someone suggested, Litchfield Park and Palm Valley in Goodyear are nice areas, too. They are not far from the base either. Probably around 15-20 minutes give or take.

May I also suggest Verrado. That's about a 25-30 minute commute. For a growing family, you will love it there. Every home is within walking distance to a neighborhood park; the neighborhood is nestled at the foot of the White Tank Mountains; it's separated from the bustle and hustle of city life; and it's just got a great neighborhood feel to it. It's a ways drive to downtown (close to an hour probably when there's traffic) but if that isn't a concern for you then no biggie. I just think Verrado is a nice alternative than all the other subdivisions. At least take a look!

I'm a civilian at Luke AFB and we are currently in the market for a home. We are looking for a place in Verrado. It's the perfect "middle ground" for my husband and I as he drives even way out more west for work. It may not work for you but I've been doing my "homework" for close to a year now and I know I want to live nowhere else. You're not going to get as good of a "deal" as some other places perhaps but definitely consider Verrado! I hope it's ok to post this link: Downtown Phoenix Arizona Homes - Verrado. If not, I will delete it.

Good luck in your search!!
Verrado is an awsome place. It was made by the same builders as Marley Park. My wife and I loved both communities but ended up going with Marley Park because Surprise is built up alittle more so there are more ammenities outside the community (ie Shopping / Dining). I would highly recommend checking out both of those communities.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:37 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,250,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDiaz0312 View Post
Verrado is an awsome place. It was made by the same builders as Marley Park. My wife and I loved both communities but ended up going with Marley Park because Surprise is built up alittle more so there are more ammenities outside the community (ie Shopping / Dining). I would highly recommend checking out both of those communities.
I timed the drive the other day to Luke from Verrado. It's just over 20 minutes (and just under 30 to get through security and to my office). Not bad at all. It's about an 11 mile drive and you're taking back roads. No highways (an appeal for me)!!

I REALLY HOPE we get this house we just put an offer on!

Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 PM

6 posts, read 15,386 times
Someone mentioned Chandler. Is Sun Lakes still a good place to live? How would it compare to Sun City Grande?

Old 06-09-2009, 08:06 PM

16 posts, read 47,155 times
Surprise is a nightmare to drive anywhere from! My cousin lives there and it takes him an hour and a half to go to Phoenix! I agree..look at Litchfield Park and Good year and possibly Peoria. When I first moved here - I fell in love with Estrella Mountain Ranch. We ended up moving to the East side to Gilbert (I was so glad by the way....but too far for you to drive) I think Surprise started out as a nice idea but no one anticipated the drive time. My cousins house (of course - it is all bad here dropped from $300,000 to $170,000 in Surprise. They took a massive beating! If I went west side - it would be Goodyear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area