Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 PM

624 posts, read 1,247,396 times

Advertisements

Can anybody give me their opinion of Del Webb Communities? I am interested in the new Anthem Community about 45 miles south of Phoenix.

What would the drive be like to drive to and from Phoenix to go to a ballgame?

What is the area around Florence/Casa Grande/Queens Creek like?

What are these retirement communities like?

Thank you for any and all advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 09:11 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
It is beautiful in Anthem and I do love the land up there, but the I-17 can be a bit of a nightmare. I think they are working on adding another lane which should help and maybe someone who lives up that way can comment. I do not care for Queen Creek, too flat for me. The Del Webb communities in Surprise are very nice and the shopping is newer. You might also check out the Trilogy/ Shea Homes community in north Peoria. It sits up in the foothills and the homes are awesome, designed by an award winning architectural firm in Newport Beach, CA. The ammenities are wonderful. There is a golf course with a restaurant/grill, clubhouse an indoor fitness center with a beach entry pool, a spa and other things. Shea Homes is also including Solar systems with their new homes and have some neat designer homes on the market with these systems in place. My Trilogy Life - Welcome Best of luck.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:25 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,341,709 times
Motley,

OP is talking about the OTHER Anthem down in Florence. On that point, OP there are MANY posts about Casa Grande, Florence, etc here....search and ye shall find.

You may also want to consider the Robson community in Eloy. Its a little closer to freeway access and Casa Grande for all the "big city" (if 50K is big LOL) stuff.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:08 PM

214 posts, read 961,625 times
Can anybody give me their opinion of Del Webb Communities?
Del Webb is a very reputable builder. Del Webb/Pulte have been in the business for over 50 years, and have ranked extremely high in customer satisfaction over the years. They offer very extensive warranties on the home as well which I have yet to see another homebuilder offer something as extensive.

What would the drive be like to drive to and from Phoenix to go to a ballgame? I would say you are approx 1 hour from Phoenix

What is the area around Florence/Casa Grande/Queens Creek like? Florence is a small town, just a few shops and restaurants but its not far from Queen Creek and Casa Grande, where you will find a lot of shopping.
Casa Grande is a lot larger, and has a new shopping center/movie theater, and also the outlet mall. It is about 20-25 min from Sun City Anthem
Queen Creek just opened their "Queen Creek Marketplace" which has stores like Target, Kohls, PetsMart, Ross etc. I would say you are about 15 min away from there.

What are these retirement communities like?
From what I have heard (I do not live in one myself) Sun City communities are a great place to retire. They offer a variety of activities and classes to participate in, and their amenities are top notch. Many people I have talked to who live there highly recommend it.

Good luck!

Old 04-27-2009, 11:21 AM

624 posts, read 1,247,396 times
I found the other posts, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area