U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:08 AM

920 posts, read 2,037,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
As the owner of a pitbull I recently bought from a breeder that lived in and Awautukee apt complex.it is possible to have pits in a complex. In response to the inordinate comments about pitbulls. Kids get mauled buy non pits a\ll the time. the only difference is when the media coverages it and its not a pitbull the just say so and so mauled by a dog. If its a pitbull then you will get flashing letters it all caps "SO AND SO MAULED BY A PITBULL" its all sensationalism to get people to watch.
True to a degree, but the reverse is that the breed also attracts a lot of owners who want to seem "bad," but are instead bad owners. Bangers and thugs (and more likely wannabees going for an "image") go for Pits and Rots, not Bichons and Hounds. I don't mind living near dogs, but can't stand when I've lived near bad dog owners. An assertive breed coupled with an owner who doesn't care for training is a bad combo, and unfortunately for the breed's reputation, they attract a lot of bad owners.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:34 AM

107 posts, read 557,032 times
He wasn't wanting your opinions on pit bulls people, just on apartments. Why can't anyone just answer a question instead of slamming someone? Not that I like pitbulls, I'm scared to pieces of them. I do workout at my local gym and the owner has one named "Game" that is so friendly. But still it scares me. But come on, be a considerate adult and quit slamming people and answer the question. Or just don't talk at all on a post if you can't do that.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:31 AM

123 posts, read 313,523 times
I've noticed that a lot on here, There seems to be clicks on here and they always have to put their 2 cents in no matter what the subject is, but rarely answer the person's question. Instead they "SCREAM" search for it thats what this board is for then stomp off mad back to their lil corner of the world. Kinda scary. I'd like to know how many responded to this thread that actually have a dog or has had a quote "vicious dog" breed.

As the owner of a Rot, I know first hand how it goes. As soon as the letter R comes off your tongue the apt. manager tears up the contract and says sorry we don't let those kinds of dogs in our complex. BUT, sure we'll let drug dealers, hooker, pimps and the wak-job shinning up his AK47 thats about to have a melt down move in.....

Old 04-29-2009, 09:46 AM

2,916 posts, read 4,840,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmomof3 View Post
He wasn't wanting your opinions on pit bulls people, just on apartments. Why can't anyone just answer a question instead of slamming someone? Not that I like pitbulls, I'm scared to pieces of them. I do workout at my local gym and the owner has one named "Game" that is so friendly. But still it scares me. But come on, be a considerate adult and quit slamming people and answer the question. Or just don't talk at all on a post if you can't do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnryOne View Post
I've noticed that a lot on here, There seems to be clicks on here and they always have to put their 2 cents in no matter what the subject is, but rarely answer the person's question. Instead they "SCREAM" search for it thats what this board is for then stomp off mad back to their lil corner of the world. Kinda scary. I'd like to know how many responded to this thread that actually have a dog or has had a quote "vicious dog" breed.

As the owner of a Rot, I know first hand how it goes. As soon as the letter R comes off your tongue the apt. manager tears up the contract and says sorry we don't let those kinds of dogs in our complex. BUT, sure we'll let drug dealers, hooker, pimps and the wak-job shinning up his AK47 thats about to have a melt down move in.....

Hmmm... it doesn't look like either one of you nannies answered the original question either - but, you instead went off on your own tangents. Besides, in a forum, conversations will tend to shift from one area to another depending on people's passions and/or experiences.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:17 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,442,319 times
Quote:

I didn't mention a specific aparment, but gave some good suggestions so yes, I do believe I have helped and answered their questions without "SCREAMING" at the poster. And as a matter of fact, I do have a dog.. may not be a pit bull, but a dog none-the-less.

Now, where are your answers to the poster's initial question?

Old 05-01-2009, 02:29 AM

123 posts, read 313,523 times
See, Interesting how the clicks turn it around and slam the ones that bring up a factual point. Yes in a forum you have different points of views but at least stay on topic and answer the question at hand in stead of flamming the person who asked it because of your own personal bias. At least I didn't stoop so low as to call someone a name.....Now this will go on forever. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:00 AM

10,485 posts, read 13,589,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
For very good reasons I might add.

Notice you NEVER pick up the paper and read, "Area child mauled by Golden Retriever". (WRONG!!!)

There is a "very good" reason that dogs such as this get "VERY BAD" reputation.

A firearm is only dangerous when it is in my hand, a Pit Bull is dangerous every minute of every day.
First off, here is your golden retriever child mauling that you claim never happens...

Tri-State Media (http://www.tristate-media.com/articles/2008/04/01/mtcarmelregister/news/news3.txt - broken link)

Second, I am sorry, but that is a very ignorant statement you just made. I do not mean that as an insult, but I have to ask, have you ever owned a pit bull? I have, and you are completely wrong. Because of the media, the pit bull is the probably the most misunderstood dog there is. Pit bulls are the most loving, sweetest dogs I have ever owned. I also have owned labs and they are not as friendly as a pit. Please check out these youtube videos....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrr-pUW-lmU

YouTube - save a pit bull

Last edited by las vegas drunk; 05-01-2009 at 04:38 AM..

Old 05-01-2009, 02:55 PM

122 posts, read 158,881 times
Quote:
See, Interesting how the clicks turn it around and slam the ones that bring up a factual point. Yes in a forum you have different points of views but at least stay on topic and answer the question at hand in stead of flamming the person who asked it because of your own personal bias. At least I didn't stoop so low as to call someone a name.....Now this will go on forever. Sorry for hijacking your thread.
Hey, hijacker! You're so fixated on your fear of cliques, that you keep forgetting to answer the OP's original question. Who's off topic and "flamming" now?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:10 PM

122 posts, read 158,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
First off, here is your golden retriever child mauling that you claim never happens...

Tri-State Media (http://www.tristate-media.com/articles/2008/04/01/mtcarmelregister/news/news3.txt - broken link)

Second, I am sorry, but that is a very ignorant statement you just made. I do not mean that as an insult, but I have to ask, have you ever owned a pit bull? I have, and you are completely wrong. Because of the media, the pit bull is the probably the most misunderstood dog there is. Pit bulls are the most loving, sweetest dogs I have ever owned. I also have owned labs and they are not as friendly as a pit. Please check out these youtube videos....

YouTube - BSL: Pit Bulls

YouTube - save a pit bull
Sorry, but the only "friendliest" most loving and sweetest pit bull I've ever known about was the one on the old "Little Rascals" flicks! All the rest seem to be question marks (thanks to the media, I suppose), but the public still has very little trust in them.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:54 AM

36 posts, read 144,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
For very good reasons I might add.

Notice you NEVER pick up the paper and read, "Area child mauled by Golden Retriever".

There is a "very good" reason that dogs such as this get "VERY BAD" reputation.

A firearm is only dangerous when it is in my hand, a Pit Bull is dangerous every minute of every day.
A pit bull is dangerous every minute of the day? Are you kidding me? The breed is no more dangerous, then the person who raise's them. Breeds are not dangerous, it is how the dog was raised as a puppy.

Lets look at it from a human point of view. You are brought up around gangs, violence, drugs, whats are the odds you are going to continue the life style?

I have a red nose pit and a chow chow. ZOMG TWO BREEDS OF THE DEVIL, THEY MUST BE EVIL! RUN HIDE, THEY WILL EAT YOU!

If I didnt feel safe with my dogs, then I would not let them near my kids or even own them. BTW I have 1 cat and they both sleep with him, real dangerous right?

People like you make me sick.....go back to your box and wear your tin foil hat to protect your self from radio waves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area