Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:17 AM

48 posts, read 149,265 times

Advertisements

I would love to move back to the west. Right now my husband and I are in Wisconsin and though it is a fine place to live, it doesn't have the length of gardening season we prefer. His work binds us here, so my question is:

Are there any plastics manufacturer's out there? My husband is a Chemist and develops plastics, mainly for food preservation and medical/HABA applications.

I am enjoying reading your opinions! Keep them coming.

Davryn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 04:38 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,073 times
I would not dare raise a family in Gilbert, too much crime, poor schooling, and plus, it's gilbert.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:51 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Gilbert has some great residential communities, newer schools with good reputations.

As far as crime is concerned, it is on a par with other communities in the area.

You might also consider Mesa and Chandler. All three communities abutt one another.

One thing to consider (advantage) of the East Valley is Williams Gateway airport. Slated to be a satellite airport to Phoenix Sky Harbor, there is passenger traffic there now, Arizona State University has a campus on the Airport grounds, new high dollar aircraft companies are now on site. Then you have the "old" GM proving grounds, sold to a private developer, slated to become a very large master planned community in the future.

Certainly the east valley is in the path of expected growth.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:56 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
There are a lot of threads on this. Do a search. Not trying to be snide but seriously, there are so many threads that can answer your question on this topic.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:03 PM

48 posts, read 149,265 times
Not sure who you are speaking to, azriverfan.

I asked about Plastic's Manufacturer's in the area. I haven't found a thread pertaining to that yet nor do I think we need a thread devoted to that single question.

Davryn

Old 05-11-2009, 05:55 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davryn View Post
Not sure who you are speaking to, azriverfan.

I asked about Plastic's Manufacturer's in the area. I haven't found a thread pertaining to that yet nor do I think we need a thread devoted to that single question.

Davryn
I believe they are speaking to AutumH, the original poster of this thread.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:33 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I would not dare raise a family in Gilbert, too much crime, poor schooling, and plus, it's gilbert.
Gilbert is one of the best areas to raise children. Check and compare the crime statistics with other areas.

Schools are also good.

Gilbert has plenty of shopping, restaurants, and some of the newest and state of the art hospitals in the valley. The famous Andy Anderson cancer center is also breaking ground this year in Gilbert and slated to open in 2010.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 AM

410 posts, read 1,293,305 times
KarmaPhx... that's funny! ha ha!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davryn View Post
I would love to move back to the west. Right now my husband and I are in Wisconsin and though it is a fine place to live, it doesn't have the length of gardening season we prefer. His work binds us here, so my question is:

Are there any plastics manufacturer's out there? My husband is a Chemist and develops plastics, mainly for food preservation and medical/HABA applications.

I am enjoying reading your opinions! Keep them coming.

Davryn
Yes, there are plastic manufacturing companies out here. I know of one in Gilbert and one in Chandler, so I'm sure there are others. I don't know about employment opportunities though.....a friend of mine was just laid off from one of them.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
Don't be troubled by the actual facts in stating your opinion. We've read your wild overgeneralizations about the East Valley before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area