U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:24 PM

8,571 posts, read 10,788,182 times

Advertisements

After walking by our resort like pool for 4 years, I finally got the nerve to jump in. The heat will not bother me now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 02:00 PM

2,807 posts, read 2,614,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
I am sitting here in WA wearing sweats and a sweater with a blanket over me and I am still cold. Last night it rained about an inch and the winds were blowing 40-50 mph. I can't mow my half acre of lawn which grows about 2 incles a day because it is too wet and there are slugs everywhere. Here the slugs grow to 5 or 6 inches in length. Almost perfect for a Hot Dog bun if you could figure out a good recipe. lol
It's funny how the grass is always greener on the other side (particularly) on my side in this case LOL
I am planning to move at the end of the year to the Phoenix area. We have had a particularly cold winter in WA and I am looking forward to thawing out.
Irony, the stuff you mentioned sounds great. I trading with you and moving to wa (Federal Way). The grass is greener where you are. When you come down here, look at the landscape, its dirt/gravel with planted trees and shrubs. Very colorful though.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:04 PM

2,807 posts, read 2,614,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
If you're grumpy about the weather we've had over the last several weeks, sorry, I don't get it... I've whined about the wind, but temperature wise, but for a little spike or two, it's been nice.
I admit, I am like 3 of the seven drwaves, Grumpy, Sneezy (thanks to the allergies this year) and Sleepy. Im sure you folks think Im like Dopey, since I chose to live in a desert and complain when its hot

Old 05-06-2009, 03:07 PM

81 posts, read 134,461 times
It's not even hot yet, man.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:29 PM

6,352 posts, read 10,532,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
After walking by our resort like pool for 4 years, I finally got the nerve to jump in. The heat will not bother me now.
I hope you at least get out to go to the bathroom.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:38 PM

2,244 posts, read 3,790,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
is it me or is it alot hotter alot sooner this year than last year? Several days predicted to be over 100 in the next 10 days. I seem to remember May being in the low 90s
Every year it's gets hotter and hotter here sooner than the previous year and it lasts longer and longer each year before it finally gets cool again.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 PM

430 posts, read 947,754 times
Default the wind didn't bother me

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
If you're grumpy about the weather we've had over the last several weeks, sorry, I don't get it... I've whined about the wind, but temperature wise, but for a little spike or two, it's been nice.
sorry I don't get that, I guess the point is different things bug different people more, right?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:45 PM

430 posts, read 947,754 times
Default you and me both

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Aw, bring it on baby! I have my water bottle, and a good book. It seemed we had a few early dayz of summer this year but I can never really tell. It's always a surprise, even after years of it. lol I'm never ready for it, I use to like it. Age has a way of making some things more difficult I think. lol
What I have noticed this year is the allergies. Haven't had them for years until now. yikes!
nose runnning all day, I hate that! I think it could be those scruffy things that are suppose to be trees around here those little yellow blooms fall off of, I saw they had some new ones ready to plant at my kids school, and I looked at those thinking, you mean you actually paid for those! lol

Old 05-06-2009, 10:32 PM

867 posts, read 1,288,515 times
http://abqstyle.com/linked/papago_6.jpg (broken link)

The nice thing about Phoenix is that if you really want a break from the heat, you can drive less than 2 hours away and get it. I will gladly take a hot summer over tornadoes or floods or other disaster weather any day!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:00 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,311,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_2_4_boys View Post
I can not wait to move out there. I was not made for New England! Bring on the 120 degree days, haha!

Careful whatchya wish for...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area