U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 AM

2 posts, read 4,254 times
Default Best Phoenix Suburbs for Familes??

My husband and I have decided to move to the Phoenix area next summer. We have two children, ages 6 and 2, so we would like to be in a good family community. We are looking for a nicer, newer home for the money. Some of the areas I have found appealing when pricing real estate down there are the following: Avondale, Surprise, Queen Creek, Glendale, Litchfield Park and even a few homes in Peoria. We plan to travel to AZ in the next few months to shop around, but I was hoping some of you may have some input or advice on these areas or others.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 12:28 PM

8,467 posts, read 10,553,422 times
We live in north Peoria in a master planned communtiy called Vistancia and are very happy. We have plenty of homes to choose from and if you google realtor.com 85383 you can see some of them listed. We have a new shopping center with a Safeway at our entrance and 4 miles down the road, a four corners shopping area with Lowe's, Home Depot, Pier One and a Super Target center. Sonoran Mt. Ranch, West Wing are two other nice/newer developments here as well. Arrowhead Ranch is in Glendale, a bit older, but the homes are lovely and close to shopping. I also like Surprise and Goodyear and think the home prices there are beyond reasonable right now. Happy hunting.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:03 PM

3,223 posts, read 5,769,540 times
Surprise, N. Glendale, N. Peoria, Litchfield...

Old 05-06-2009, 01:29 PM

47 posts, read 68,654 times
I found a great house in Marley Park in Surprise...MP has it's own elementary school, shopping center, lots of parks, community pool, clubhouse...and the list goes on. Check it out!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:24 PM

21 posts, read 49,868 times
I second Marley Park in Surprise. Our family loves it.

TiJa you ended up finding a home in MP? Congrats!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,254 times
Thank you all so much for your input! I researched Marley Park and Vistancia and they each offer gorgeous homes in our price range. The communities look wonderful -- I have already fallen in love with both of them. Now, I have one more question... how are the homeowners dues respectively? With all of the ammenities that these communities offer I assume they must be a lot more than your average neighborhood dues. Thanks again so much for your help and advice. It is VERY appreciated!

Old 05-08-2009, 03:02 PM

56 posts, read 67,567 times
Theres also a masterpalnned comm. similar to those above, Estrella Mountain Ranch in goodyear. I moved here a yr ago and love it too. Has two lakes, clubhouse with fitness center, game room, family activities, lap pool and kids pools with waterslides. Theres also parks all over and walking trails. Theres two elem/middle schools and a highschool. It's back out of the town but not too far away from everything you need. Not sure on the dues becuase we are renting. Its beautiful being right in the mountains! Good luck in your search

Old 05-08-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai77 View Post
Thank you all so much for your input! I researched Marley Park and Vistancia and they each offer gorgeous homes in our price range. The communities look wonderful -- I have already fallen in love with both of them. Now, I have one more question... how are the homeowners dues respectively? With all of the ammenities that these communities offer I assume they must be a lot more than your average neighborhood dues. Thanks again so much for your help and advice. It is VERY appreciated!
My HOA fee is around $140. My wife handles the finances so im not sure the exact amount. It includes basic cable tv and cable internet from cox. So really not that bad.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heat seekers View Post
Theres also a masterpalnned comm. similar to those above, Estrella Mountain Ranch in goodyear. I moved here a yr ago and love it too. Has two lakes, clubhouse with fitness center, game room, family activities, lap pool and kids pools with waterslides. Theres also parks all over and walking trails. Theres two elem/middle schools and a highschool. It's back out of the town but not too far away from everything you need. Not sure on the dues becuase we are renting. Its beautiful being right in the mountains! Good luck in your search
Estrella Mountain Ranch is very nice also. I really like the two lakes they have there. The view is pretty impressive also since your up in the mountain.

Verrado is a really nice masterplanned community as well. The community was developed by the same builder as Marley Park. Verrado is alot more self contained though...has a main street with some shopping. Theres not alot right outside of the community though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area