Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:31 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,588 times

Advertisements

I know some of you regularly go to other state threads, so I have a question.

It seems like half of the Arizona/Phoenix threads are basically:

1. I am moving there in 2010, where is the best place for my family?
2. Should I move to Queen Creek or Gilbert?
3. Moving to Phoenix soon! Where is the best place to buy a house? Where are the best school districts?

Anyways, i'm sure you get my point. I am just getting tired of all those threads.. they are getting very old to me after seeing new posts about the same old topic. Maybe i'm just grumpy and want something new to talk about, who knows.

My question is: Is that how all the other state threads are also??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 09:37 AM

382 posts, read 1,355,832 times
Why don't you go take a look?

Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
In the ones I've seen, yes, to an extent. Some states are not as popular a potential destination as Arizona... thanks to the boom here in the past. a lot of people think this state is still in positive territory in terms of the economy, while theirs is in the tank. So, I think we probably have a higher percentage of those kind of threads than many other states do.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,622 times
I presume those type of threads are the point of why most posters even find these boards-looking for information when they are considering a move. I don't think folks really care about "Hi I just wanted to know what the favorite television show for folks in Arizona is". LOL!

Old 05-07-2009, 10:00 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,588 times
But there are sooooooooo many other threads that talk about the exact same thing they are asking. They should do a little searching first, then ask their questions that don't get answered. But, I guess that is what these boards are for.

Ps. Lyzzard: I KNEW someone was going to say that lol. The problem is that I am lazy and don't really care about the other states.. which is why I specifically asked people who DO go to the other forums.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:06 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,061,889 times
some people want their own little personal thread because, like, you know, those others are, like, not really my situation and, you know, I'm different and I want my questions, like, answered right now....

Old 05-07-2009, 10:53 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Actually I think we have less of what you don't like on our thread.

Have you gone to the "General" threads to entertain yourself?

After you've been on here awhile, you usually take a break and then return when your ready to answer questions about the heat or scorpions. lol Don't worry, people fill in for you while your gone.

lol Remember, someone who just moved here has these frequent issues and really do want some advise. Most don't search the thread they just feel free to ask, and they should. It's important to them because it's happening in real time. lol There are so many different opinions on here that sometimes even the simplest of posts explode. What's funny is the post that have the most heated debates are usually the same old questions about the state that are always asked. Then the different opinions come out and its a mosh pit! lol It always cracks me up to see how heated a thread about scorpions or the heat can get over, and over, and over again.

"You shouldn't mind scorps, kill them, set them free! Why did you move here if you don't like the desert creatures? They won't hurt you, They'll Kill you! Move if you don't like them!
And the famous one, AT LEAST WE DON'T HAVE SNOW................."

I enjoy them all, very entertaining on here. ha ha ha ha

Old 05-07-2009, 11:35 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
I found City Data Forum when posting a question in my search engine about the best kind of grass for the Phoenix area. (We have a desert landscape in the front and a small patch of grass in the back.) I never knew the site existed before that. After spending most of my time in the Phoenix forum I finally moved around the nation visiting amazing places that I have always wanted to see first hand. Eventually I became a regular on the Los Angeles and California forums, offering help to others in need that were planning on moving to the Los Angeles, Ventura County, or Santa Barbara County area. That for me has been a lot of fun. For one couple that was planing on driving down the coast I gave them an idea of what to see and they told me that the information I gave them sounded like the perfect trip for them. Last year I started visiting the New York City forum. Not a desire to live there, but always wanted to visit. I am a regular there now. On the general forums I like to visit sites having to do with success, business, politics, and education. Have fun with where ever you decide to go.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:33 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
It seems like half of the Arizona/Phoenix threads are basically..."
No... not half... more like three/quarters!

Old 05-08-2009, 07:28 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Have you been over to the "heat" thread? ha ha Told ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area