Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2007, 01:16 PM

102 posts, read 271,176 times

Advertisements

Hi,

A new listing came up in the Buenavante subdivision of Scottsdale (85260). The house was built in 1986 with block construction (rare today) on about .5 acre with "real" grass and a few mature trees. It's listed as being a very family friendly neighborhood. Is anyone familiar with this subdivision?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 01:49 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,278,095 times
Buenavante is a really nice subdivision. Much closer in to everything than the other areas you are looking. There is a wide variety of size homes in there as well as combo of single and two stories. I think it may be a blend of two different builders. A lot of the homes when we lived there needed serious updating, but definitely a desirable location. The right house on the right lot in there can be very, very nice. Make sure the lot doesn't back to a major road.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:25 PM

102 posts, read 271,176 times
Thanks for the feedback. I went to Buenavante's home page and they currently have 20 homes for sale priced from 600k-1.5mil. It appears that most of the homes priced over 750k have been nicely updated. It looks like all of the homes were built between 1980-1987. This may actually be a plus considering the way they are building homes today. I will make sure I ask my realtor to show us around the area. Gigi, did you actually live in this subdivision? How large is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi927 View Post
Buenavante is a really nice subdivision. Much closer in to everything than the other areas you are looking. There is a wide variety of size homes in there as well as combo of single and two stories. I think it may be a blend of two different builders. A lot of the homes when we lived there needed serious updating, but definitely a desirable location. The right house on the right lot in there can be very, very nice. Make sure the lot doesn't back to a major road.

Last edited by ajgranda; 04-07-2007 at 03:06 PM..

Old 04-07-2007, 05:00 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,447,602 times
I used to live there and had a house just as you describe. It was so quiet, but people (least where I lived on that street) really kept to themselves. Everyone keeps their blinds drawn (so did I). If you want to be left alone, it's a great neighborhood You won't see ANY block parties there.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:09 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,278,095 times
I didn't live there when I said "when we lived there" I meant Scottsdale generally); we looked at buying a couple of properties to flip in that neighborhood a few years back, though.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 3,466 times
I live in this subdivision and it is awesome.
Close to the highway, Kierland Commons, Golf, Shopping, great schools, everything. Easy access to Downtown 25 minutes to get home from the Diamondbacks game.
Airport is 25 minutes and easy to get to.
As for the neighbors I am proud to say that our street is very friendly and we have come to know and trust our neighbors. While we may not have theblock parties others have referred to we do have our share of gatherings and they are great. I love my neighborhood. I have been in Buenavante for 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: