Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 07:54 PM

7 posts, read 23,880 times

Advertisements

im moving there in july, i cant wait to hate the sunshine 11 months out of the year, and hate the option to take my kids someplace fun all year long and not just tourist season. cant wait to hate those things. friend from cold boring south dakota

Old 05-24-2008, 08:20 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,447,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided1 View Post
im moving there in july, i cant wait to hate the sunshine 11 months out of the year, and hate the option to take my kids someplace fun all year long and not just tourist season. cant wait to hate those things. friend from cold boring south dakota
Well, considering you are coming from South Dakota, why am I not surprised at your post? Me, OTOH, came from San Francisco, so I will have a more "worldly" perspective.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:25 PM

12 posts, read 58,538 times
Default Come on dude get the facts right

Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j View Post
Well I dont live in Phoenix,but I've been a few times,Phoenix sucks,not much too it,Phoenix is like a mid-size city,I see it more like Tucson or Albuquerque but spread out all over and a million more people,Phoneix dont even have a big amusement park and the malls are like that of smaller cities,nothing to see in Phoenix,but maybe sports and thats it,I just cant see why people wanna move there and go through 115 degree heat.The crime is bad and I know people like to say its no different from anywhere else but Im sure its not listed the in the top 3 of most dangerous metro areas because its so safe,I think that states that there is more crime per capita than in other metro areas.Some people may never see a crime in their lifetime in Phoenix but others who post they feel so safe at any time can be a victim of a crime.

Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the US.What ever you want is with in a quick drive. You have everything you need here. It is an awsome city and suburbs. Come on and admit it you goofy guy.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, considering you are coming from South Dakota, why am I not surprised at your post? Me, OTOH, came from San Francisco, so I will have a more "worldly" perspective.
And the cost of living in the Bay Area may wind up being its downfall-----especially once the supply of illegal immigrants is shut off (which is coming soon).

It is basically NYC/Wash DC money to live there......just that the weather is better in SF

Old 05-25-2008, 12:04 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,447,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the cost of living in the Bay Area may wind up being its downfall-----especially once the supply of illegal immigrants is shut off (which is coming soon).

It is basically NYC/Wash DC money to live there......just that the weather is better in SF
You can wish all you want, but the supply of illegal immigrants is not going to be shut off anytime soon. And you're right about the cost of living up there. Still...

Old 05-25-2008, 01:31 AM

121 posts, read 342,058 times
Default Phoenix

Listen, AZ is great, but unless you live in Paradise Valley or Scottsdale or someplace like that, the valley sucks. It's one big giant heat island that will only get hotter and hotter.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:19 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rialta View Post
Listen, AZ is great, but unless you live in Paradise Valley or Scottsdale or someplace like that, the valley sucks. It's one big giant heat island that will only get hotter and hotter.
Speak for yourself, please.

I happen to like central Phx from about Osborn up to Dunlop.

I can think of many worse places to live than the Phx area; New Jersey, Wash DC, Los Angeles, etc.

All of the above are not worth the $$$ to live there IMHO and too are overcrowded. At least LA has decent weather.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:06 AM

58 posts, read 147,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
Its not so much as the Phoenix Heat that gets to me, its the constant sunshine.
It just never goes away!! LOL

I pray for those cloudy days. And when they come, I come out of my cave.
Are you serious? Seattle is your heaven on earth!

Old 05-25-2008, 08:15 AM

27,335 posts, read 27,385,151 times
I dont hate it, but Ive lived and worked there, and in Scotttsdale, its just not my lifestyle. Period.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,746 times
does it suck that bad!!! i hope not, im moving there in june from houston. **** it o well. i lived in californa and it sucked, i live in houston now and it sucks. maybe ill move to canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area