Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:18 AM

368 posts, read 1,329,917 times

Advertisements

I just hate Phoenix and the people seem to be dull,they proved it in this post.
They all move to Phoenix for the weather,I guess the guys like the girls that smell like sweat.I guess they like to take several showers a day,I guess they like to be followers and all move to the same place everyone else wants to move to,wow they have call center jobs,now thats a start.They like to sit in hours of traffic and look forward to more of it,There is not a single attractive thing to Phoenix,wow palm trees in the median,now thats original,you and every other state in the southern U.S. has palm tree lined medians.Maybe its the wal-mart shopping that people really love.What a lame excuse for a city.,Did anyone mention how they love all the illegals comming in,is it Phoenix or high income Mexico,cant tell anymore,and Im hispanic so dont turn it into a racial thing,like Al Sharpton.Its funny how many outsiders are fooled by Phoenix.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:42 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j View Post
What a lame excuse for a city.,Did anyone mention how they love all the illegals comming in,is it Phoenix or high income Mexico,cant tell anymore,and Im hispanic so dont turn it into a racial thing,like Al Sharpton.Its funny how many outsiders are fooled by Phoenix.
At one time I would have agreed with you about the illegal Mexicans, but after 6 years of living with the high influx of illegal Muslims, who the Home Office "keep losing" so can't get rid of, well, I'll gladly deal with the illegal Mexicans. At least they aren't making and stockpiling bombs.

I'm not an outsider to Phoenix, my husband is not an outsider, aj661 isn't an outsider, Dazgaz isn't an outsider, and obviously neither are most of the others posting on this topic.

Every major city has bad traffic, not just in the US, but in the UK, France, Mexicco, Germany, etc...

I stand by my defense of the Phoenix area.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:19 AM

132 posts, read 517,159 times
Quote:
They all move to Phoenix for the weather,I guess the guys like the girls that smell like sweat.I guess they like to take several showers a day,I guess they like to be followers and all move to the same place everyone else wants to move to,wow they have call center jobs,now thats a start.They like to sit in hours of traffic and look forward to more of it,There is not a single attractive thing to Phoenix,wow palm trees in the median,now thats original,you and every other state in the southern U.S. has palm tree lined medians.Maybe its the wal-mart shopping that people really love.What a lame excuse for a city.,Did anyone mention how they love all the illegals comming in,is it Phoenix or high income Mexico,cant tell anymore,and Im hispanic so dont turn it into a racial thing,like Al Sharpton.Its funny how many outsiders are fooled by Phoenix.
Yup, you got us councilor j. I am dull, I love sweaty women, love to shower, i love to follow everyone else to Phoenix, love traffic, love those palm trees. I also love the fact that you live in Albuquerue and constantly complain about Phoenix. Dude Albuquerque is the biggest dump in the southwest, I even rank Tucson above Albuquerque. But thats just my opinion and I am not going to scurry over to the Albuquerque forum to start bashing it. Personally I have better things to do than cry about a city that I don't even live in. But once again, that's just me, you obviously don't have a life , which makes sense, cause you live in Albuquerque. I think it is important to realize what we tell people on these forums, there is a fine line between an opinion and the reality of a situation. For instance you cry about call center jobs in phoenix. Well yes there are a lot of call centers in Phoenix but you make it sound as if the job market is flooded with call center jobs. Call centers are actually a good thing in my opinion because they provide good jobs to tons of highschool kids and students working throgh college. I know a few people who have made a career out of it and they actually make a very good living. I guess I just don't judge people on the occupation they choose. You obviously have little knowledge of Phoenix and a very negative opinion of it for whatever reason! Did someone kick your ass in Phoenix or something or did your ex leave you for someone in Phoenix? Seriously what is your problem?

Old 04-16-2007, 11:37 AM

121 posts, read 546,300 times
Quote:
What is your fascination with "sweat?" You have mentioned it several times now.

Did you take basic science? Apparently not because then you'd know that the sweat in Arizona evaporates in dry weather.

Albuquerque, eh? Hahahahahahaha

Old 04-16-2007, 05:34 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Women who smell like SWEAT? Are you serious? I sweat more inthe UK than I ever did in Mesa and its freezing cold here! I don't recall ever being overwhelmed by the smell of anyone's sweat. Besides, sweat is a GOOD thing for those who are in the dating game. Sweat exudes pheromones, which are far better for attracting the right partner than the scent of perfume, which confuses the senses and only makes you THINK you are attracted to someone when in fact the natural chemistry may not really exist, leading later to a messy divorce

That is my science lesson for the day

Old 04-16-2007, 05:43 PM

341 posts, read 1,487,102 times
Quote:
I hate Phoenix because it didn't catch councilor when he snuck across the border.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:44 PM

647 posts, read 3,341,165 times
Quote:
I've said it before to non-Phoenicians complaining about this city, and I'll say it again - if you live in Phoenix, complain all you want and have a blast. But if you don't live in Phoenix, your opinion really doesn't mean much. It's not based on personal experience and, more importantly, it's coming from someone how has some weird obsession with sitting in front of a computer and complaining about a place they don't even live. That just makes no sense to me. If ABQ is such a fabulous place to live, push yourself away from the desk, turn off the computer, and go out and enjoy your utopia

Old 04-16-2007, 06:00 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,483 times
You know, I really HATE Phoenix because when I was there last (9 years ago ) it was 75 degrees in Dec and sunny. I could not WAIT to get back to NY with its more reasonable 20 degree temps and snow. And what's with all the palm trees? I mean, can't you all chop those horrid things down and plant some elm trees how about ragweed that is pretty popular these days? I did not sneeze nearly enough on my week long visit there. By golly that interstate you all have running up to Flagstaff is much too boring and has no scenery. Red rocks and cliffs, how mundane.

And some people LIKE NYS taxes lets us have our peace!...

BTW - if someone knows what is going on with Luke AFB and the BRAC comission can you please email me? I can't wait to see if there are any more government jobs down there in hell as it seems moving back down to NM is not going to be a possibility. I just don't know what I am going to do about the cost of living there...I might have to start a savings account and continue staying at home raising my kids. Now see what you've done????

Old 04-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Women who smell like SWEAT? Are you serious? I sweat more inthe UK than I ever did in Mesa and its freezing cold here! I don't recall ever being overwhelmed by the smell of anyone's sweat. Besides, sweat is a GOOD thing for those who are in the dating game. Sweat exudes pheromones, which are far better for attracting the right partner than the scent of perfume, which confuses the senses and only makes you THINK you are attracted to someone when in fact the natural chemistry may not really exist, leading later to a messy divorce

That is my science lesson for the day
I was always attracted to athletic women who could almost -but not quite - kick my butt! Sweaty? OhbabyOhbaby!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:55 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Complaining about sweaty women? How funny!

Hey Bud, if you are with a woman and she ain't sweaty, then you are not doing your job but then again your 'inflatable' date does not sweat, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area