Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 12:22 PM

14 posts, read 30,824 times

Advertisements

well this sounds very encouraging. I got stuck down in Yuma on the recommendation of a family memeber who's been here 8 years. F******ng waste of time and money. Gonna give Phoenix a try before giving up on the west and returning to the east coast. The one thing that does concern me is the lack or perceived lack of multi-culturalism regarding food,(burritos are cool but a little Jamaican and middle eastern from time time is nice) entertainment, museums etc. Have a couple of friends who also lived in New York City and those where the things they alluded too. Sunshine is ok but that gets old if that's all you got. Give a little feedback.

Last edited by bradical32; 12-02-2008 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-02-2008, 12:26 PM

8 posts, read 20,287 times
Nothing matches New York city for multiculturism! Phoenix doesn't even come close. We do have museums, and you can find many different types of food if you look for it. Anything is better than Yuma!

Old 12-02-2008, 12:44 PM

14 posts, read 30,824 times
amen to the brudda or sista LOL

Old 12-02-2008, 12:59 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,261,295 times
WHY I HATE THIS THREAD (OR IS IT "DIS HERE THREAD"?):

* It has outlived its purpose (being nearly two years old)

* Continues to drag on & on with no real meaningful posts anymore

* It's OLD (been around since early 2007)

* It was created as a fun, humorous thread, but it has become yet another place where Phoenix haters have come to air their grievances

* It's old and should have been closed down long ago

* It's no longer fun to read

* Did I mention that it's OLD???

Old 12-02-2008, 01:01 PM

Then stop paying attention to it!

Old 12-04-2008, 03:07 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,411,423 times
Smile Oh Boy!! I love this thread

Now that we have revived this thread I can start in on Phoenix again. I had been taking a break from bashing Phoenix on the Phoenix forum because the thread always seems to get closed if it goes negative against Phoenix.

However in the General forum they are unbiased and don't close the thread. We did a smackdown thread with Phoenix who lost 50,000 jobs this last year against Houston who gained 50,000 jobs in the last year and guess who won??? That question really should answer itself.

Yes, me and a few others on this board have packed up and moved to greener pastures literally. I mean this place is literally GREENER than Phoenix.

Well I don't want to start another bashing session but just let me say this.
I don't like Phoenix!!! I don't mean the people, no, no, no they are just misguided. I don't necessarily even mean the desert although that is a problem. Its not just all the ghetto and the illegal problem its everything!

Old 12-04-2008, 03:11 PM

I love Phoenix, but I do recognize that it has its issues just like anywhere else.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:11 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,697,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Now that we have revived this thread I can start in on Phoenix again. I had been taking a break from bashing Phoenix on the Phoenix forum because the thread always seems to get closed if it goes negative against Phoenix.

However in the General forum they are unbiased and don't close the thread. We did a smackdown thread with Phoenix who lost 50,000 jobs this last year against Houston who gained 50,000 jobs in the last year and guess who won??? That question really should answer itself.

Yes, me and a few others on this board have packed up and moved to greener pastures literally. I mean this place is literally GREENER than Phoenix.

Well I don't want to start another bashing session but just let me say this.
I don't like Phoenix!!!
I don't mean the people, no, no, no they are just misguided. I don't necessarily even mean the desert although that is a problem. Its not just all the ghetto and the illegal problem its everything!
Sounds like someone from Texas. I think you would have liked northern Arizona or Tucson better.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:15 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,575,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Now that we have revived this thread I can start in on Phoenix again. I had been taking a break from bashing Phoenix
I will end the quote right there and just say this:

You have no life if you wait for opportunities to bash on a city or anything. Let people be. If they like something, they like it. Doesn't mean you have to rise at every opportunity to tell someone how much greener Houston is. No crap, dude. Personally, I don't know if you've ever been to Phoenix, or any part of Arizona, but there is a lot of greenery. Obviously, not as much as the Midwest, South, Northeast, etc, but there is a lot more greenery than I was expecting.

Anyways, my main point is, get a life.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:31 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
I will end the quote right there and just say this:

You have no life if you wait for opportunities to bash on a city or anything. Let people be. If they like something, they like it. Doesn't mean you have to rise at every opportunity to tell someone how much greener Houston is. No crap, dude. Personally, I don't know if you've ever been to Phoenix, or any part of Arizona, but there is a lot of greenery. Obviously, not as much as the Midwest, South, Northeast, etc, but there is a lot more greenery than I was expecting.

Anyways, my main point is, get a life.
Thank you for the kind words, seriously. And you still live in Mn? When are you going to come down here and broil your buns off with the rest of us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area