Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 01:19 PM

338 posts, read 1,621,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
then the moment of beauty happened - just as she was getting into a left hand turn lane to pull into her neighborhood one of her little cretins was done munching his bag of chips and decided out the window was the best place for it

cop saw it and immediately came around me and lit her up and pulled her over in her parking lot

that must of put a fun end to the conversation
ha ha great post! I LOVE it! LMAO! reputation point for you. "one of her little cretins"! ha ha... good one! Serves her right, stupid beeotch. Ignorance breeds ignorance... Well, that's a whole other thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 01:46 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,277,462 times
Quote:
it is obnoxious for sure

a couple month ago i was making my commute home - i had a cop behind me and we were in the left hand lane

this lady in a minivan cuts me off coming all the way from the right lane - she then procedes to drive like a dope (while yakking on her cell phone) and I can see her little brood bouncing around the minivan

she's driving me nuts, but i don't want to jump out and haul past her, because i'm paranoid

then the moment of beauty happened - just as she was getting into a left hand turn lane to pull into her neighborhood one of her little cretins was done munching his bag of chips and decided out the window was the best place for it

cop saw it and immediately came around me and lit her up and pulled her over in her parking lot

Love it... thanks for sharing that "moment of beauty"

Old 05-28-2009, 02:12 PM

9,595 posts, read 31,599,823 times
Quote:
it is obnoxious for sure

a couple month ago i was making my commute home - i had a cop behind me and we were in the left hand lane

this lady in a minivan cuts me off coming all the way from the right lane - she then procedes to drive like a dope (while yakking on her cell phone) and I can see her little brood bouncing around the minivan

she's driving me nuts, but i don't want to jump out and haul past her, because i'm paranoid

Definitely, Finger Laker . . . A KODAK MOMENT!

Old 05-28-2009, 05:57 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,674,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Try riding a motorcycle and see how much more you notice this stuff. People spraying their windshields off in front of me are a joy too.
lol same here man. Don't you love the sparking cigarettes? the rocks flying at your face? Its an experience you don't want to miss.

Finger lake, only emotions can describe your story. Excitement and glee.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:12 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,368,088 times
Most newer cars don't come with ashtrays. So of course, various companies have come up with ashtrays that fit into cup holders whic h all modern cars have. American ingenuity and free enterprise at its finest -- pre-Nobama, of course.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:46 PM

54,482 posts, read 33,798,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I could not agree more, Blister!

What disgusts me is the huge number of butts at Bus Stops and around entrances to public buildings and shops.
I agree Bummer, and what's more astounding about this is, trash cans are usually just a few foot steps away, so instead of the person putting the cigarrette out, then walking just a few feet over to throw the cigarrette butt in the trash can, I've seen many just throw them on the ground, then walk away.

Last year I saw a kid in his late teens, maybe early twenties, do that outside of a grocery store, and the trash can was less than 15 feet away. I asked him, if somebody did that on something you owned, how would you feel? He grinned, went back and picked it up and threw it in the trash can.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:29 PM

9,595 posts, read 31,599,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I agree Bummer, and what's more astounding about this is, trash cans are usually just a few foot steps away, so instead of the person putting the cigarrette out, then walking just a few feet over to throw the cigarrette butt in the trash can, I've seen many just throw them on the ground, then walk away.

Last year I saw a kid in his late teens, maybe early twenties, do that outside of a grocery store, and the trash can was less than 15 feet away. I asked him, if somebody did that on something you owned, how would you feel? He grinned, went back and picked it up and threw it in the trash can.
WAY TO GO, Mike!

We definitely need more people to speak up and take a stand.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:50 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,327,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Most newer cars don't come with ashtrays. So of course, various companies have come up with ashtrays that fit into cup holders whic h all modern cars have. American ingenuity and free enterprise at its finest -- pre-Nobama, of course.
Seems like the poor ostracized smoker is running out of options. Either dirty up a vehicle's ashtray (if one has been provided by the manufacturer), ultimately bringing down the vehicle's value...

Or, swallow that coffin nail...

Or, do what they've always done... toss it out the window, and let the rest of the world deal with it!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:06 PM

23,135 posts, read 28,874,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
You know what else I really can't stand?? When the person driving in front of me is smoking, cigarette out the window, just puffing away... and even with my windows up I STILL get all their nasty cigarette smoke coming into my truck! Just what I want.. to breath in someone else's smoke while driving in my own vehicle, thanks.
Only a small minority of Americans are aware of the biological and psychological effects of Noise. Now if there was a car in front of you emitting 130 decibels of sound or beside you, I would guess the outrage would hardly compare to your outrage of smoking.

But then Americans are notorious for seeing leaf, and having an inability to see the tree.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:20 PM

25 posts, read 77,844 times
Quote:
it is obnoxious for sure

and decided out the window was the best place for it

So cutting you off and performing an unsafe lane change wasn't enough for the cop to pull her over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: