U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-01-2009, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,130 times
Default Looking for work

I am looking for any suggestions anyone can make. I recently moved to Phoenix from Alabama. I graduated from a network engineering technology college just before moving here. I also just got my CCNA certification. I have posted my resume to all of the usual websites but have got zero job leads to this point. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,210,629 times
I don't know much about your field(s)...still, I would walk onto a campus here that gives this accredidation (sp?) and look around for job boards, maybe talk to a few people. Couldn't hurt.

Also, I know it sounds lame, but the state has a jobs dept...I would check out their site.

Good luck and welcome to AZ. I just had my first vistit to Birmingham and had a nice time. Lots of history and beauty there. We went to a famous cafeteria in an industrial area...can't remember the name...it's an institution there. We had a great time....didn't get the steam table food, but off the menu. Wonderful people worked there and the food was fab!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:29 AM

307 posts, read 585,438 times
Thumbs up Resume

Make sure your Resume stands out, as well as the cover letter you provide.

Patience - you must have a lot of this due to employers taking weeks/months to make a decision.

Sometimes, it can be just a matter of too many unqualified submissions that they have to "sloth through" to get to your Resume/submission.

Good Luck!

Old 10-10-2009, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 891 times
Cool May be able to help

The company I work with is doing some expansion and looking for coachable people. Your post caught my attention with both your objective and experience. We are actually looking for people who are willing to establish themselves with the company. My office is located on Ellsworth and Germann behind the new Baci Italian Bistro, here in Mesa AZ. I am not sure how to get in touch with you?

Ellen

Old 10-10-2009, 07:47 PM

16,158 posts, read 29,310,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen#1 View Post
The company I work with is doing some expansion and looking for coachable people. Your post caught my attention with both your objective and experience. We are actually looking for people who are willing to establish themselves with the company. My office is located on Ellsworth and Germann behind the new Baci Italian Bistro, here in Mesa AZ. I am not sure how to get in touch with you?

Ellen
If you are going to charge people for this coaching, you cannot advertise on City-Data.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area