Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your favorite Phoenix area Steakhouse?
Ruth Chris Steakhouse 3 14.29%
Donovan's Steakhouse 0 0%
Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse 2 9.52%
Morton's Steakhouse 2 9.52%
Bourbon Steak 1 4.76%
Durant's Steakhouse 7 33.33%
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse 1 4.76%
Other 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:44 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,630,336 times

Advertisements

What's your favorite Phoenix steakhouse? I'm planning to take a few of my relatives out to eat for my Aunt's birthday and I'm trying to decide where the best place would be. We're all midwestern born-and-raised meat eaters so I'd like to fine a great steakhouse to go to. My favorite is Morton's but I've also had postive experiences with Ruth Chris and Donovans. What's your favorite steak place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,572,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
What's your favorite Phoenix steakhouse? I'm planning to take a few of my relatives out to eat for my Aunt's birthday and I'm trying to decide where the best place would be. We're all midwestern born-and-raised meat eaters so I'd like to fine a great steakhouse to go to. My favorite is Morton's but I've also had postive experiences with Ruth Chris and Donovans. What's your favorite steak place?
I love a good steak. You can't go wrong with any of the three you mentioned.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:01 PM

837 posts, read 2,324,938 times
i LOVE some ruth chris, the juices seem to be seared into the steak! Whenever I go I get the fillet mid well, and lobster tail combo, steamed brocali, and tap water (lol they suckered me into that 15 dollar bottled water the first time I went). Hmmm I think I feel like going this evening!

Old 06-08-2009, 05:02 PM

3,995 posts, read 9,980,283 times
I have a few favorites! In Scottsdale I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bourbon Steak. In Phoenix I can't get enough of Durant's and Capital Grille. You know though, I do enjoy a more reasonably priced steak once in a while from Texas Roadhouse, LOL!

Old 06-08-2009, 05:07 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,137,552 times
durant's is definitely a love it or leave it type place ...... i'm firmly in the later

i need to check out bourbon steak

i love all the mastro group restaurants that i've been in

capital grille is really good as well, but would give donovans a slight edge over it

i have yet to go to RC or Mortons in Phoenix ....... but if they hold to the quality that is found in other cities you can't go wrong

a step down in price, but still pretty interesting is the stockyards

if anyone has been to the one that has replaced chaparral at the camelback inn, please let me know ...... nice location but I was so disapointed with chaparral

not a steak house per se, but I absolutely love Lon's if you can time it when it's nice to eat outside ..... they do meat pretty good

Old 06-08-2009, 05:25 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,213,565 times
In terms of prestige, I would say Mastro's City Hall is the best followed by Donovan's. In terms of my personal favorite, I still love Flemings. I just think it has the best steaks but it's a chain so I'm sure people will poo poo it.

I think the Ruth Chris in Scottsdale is better than the one on Camelback. Durants is good but I like it's ambience and novelty (unique Phoenix restaurant) more than its food.

In terms of best bang for your buck: Cattleman's in Peoria. Their steaks are aged and just as good as many premium steak houses and the prices are great.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:34 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,137,552 times
cattlemans is a pretty good option

i've had both really good and really average at firebirds though

i want to check out the new one up in arrowhead that is being headed up by the old mastros chef

Old 06-08-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
cattlemans is a pretty good option

i've had both really good and really average at firebirds though

i want to check out the new one up in arrowhead that is being headed up by the old mastros chef
I like Firebirds as a restaurant but I think their steaks are mediocre. They are not bad but nothing to get crazy about. I think Black Angus has better steaks than Firebirds. Their steaks are kind of small regardless of what they advertise it as and they tend to overcook them.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:37 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,572,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
In terms of prestige, I would say Mastro's City Hall is the best followed by Donovan's. In terms of my personal favorite, I still love Flemings. I just think it has the best steaks but it's a chain so I'm sure people will poo poo it.

I think the Ruth Chris in Scottsdale is better than the one on Camelback. Durants is good but I like it's ambience and novelty (unique Phoenix restaurant) more than its food.

In terms of best bang for your buck: Cattleman's in Peoria. Their steaks are aged and just as good as many premium steak houses and the prices are great.
I think Cattleman's in Peoria is closed (if it was the one on 83rd). It is now a Tilted Kilt (good place to grab a beer)

Old 06-08-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
I think Cattleman's in Peoria is closed (if it was the one on 83rd). It is now a Tilted Kilt (good place to grab a beer)
Are you serious...oh I'm saddened by this. That place was great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area