Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,377 times

Advertisements

anybody able to beat a speeding ticket given with photo radar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 03:23 PM

54,476 posts, read 33,758,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky2 View Post
anybody able to beat a speeding ticket given with photo radar
I'm scheduled to appear in court on September 30th for a ticket I got on I-17 back in March.

While on this topic, I went down to the court building on West Jackson about a month ago, and waited in line for an hour, then I told the clerk at the counter that I wanted to contest the ticket based on the other vehicle that was in the photo, and in the lane next to me, which made me wonder if it was the driver in the other vehicle that was speeding, and not me. She had me fill out a sheet of paper, and gave me the court date. Last Saturday afternoon, a DPS officer came knocking on my door and personally handed me a copy of the same ticket, with a date to get this ticket resolved by July 19th... I told him that I am already scheduled to contest this ticket in court on September 30th, and he said that he was only supposed to hand me the ticket. I'm starting to wonder about their record keeping now, and if we can relly on it, because from what I've seen, it sounds like a joke, just like the cameras themselves! So I'm going down to the Jackson Court building sometime this week to figure out what the heck is going on.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:18 PM

203 posts, read 808,014 times
did you speed??

did you get a ticket??

you want out of it?? thats the joke LOL

Old 06-10-2009, 10:07 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,187,779 times
Count me as another one who is really tired of all these threads about getting out of a speeding ticket. Best way to avoid speeding tickets? Don't speed in the first place. Second best? (which applies here) Pay up or go to traffic school, and don't do it again.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:32 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,117,790 times
LOL, I have gotten away with over 20 off these photo radar tickets. If you wonder how I got so many, well I was a courier in Phoenix who drove 200 miles a day. I got them all the time as I was always in a hurry. The first few tickets I got, a process server came to my house and I never answered the door. Then I moved and did not change my address. I was flashed constantly so I know I got a ton of them, but my license was never suspended. Since then I moved to Vegas, I have gotten a few when I visit my friends in Phoenix which I have received in the mail. I have ignored them and they never even sent a process server here.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:21 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,372,979 times
I have gotten 3 photo radar tickets in the last few years, all on the 101 freeway. I have ignored them all, since they were not signed by a judge. None of these are on my record anymore, they all go away after 90 days.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:41 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,117,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I have gotten 3 photo radar tickets in the last few years, all on the 101 freeway. I have ignored them all, since they were not signed by a judge. None of these are on my record anymore, they all go away after 90 days.
+1 for you... Great Job!! Maybe the other people of Phoenix will wise up and realize the whole photo radar system is a joke. I am glad to see their scare tactics are now failing.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:02 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,372,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
+1 for you... Great Job!! Maybe the other people of Phoenix will wise up and realize the whole photo radar system is a joke. I am glad to see their scare tactics are now failing.
I have had process servers come to my house before, but I would just ignore them, and eventually they stopped coming.

Maybe I should send them a picture of money, since they only have a picture of me speeding!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:09 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,331,948 times
I just ride my motorcycle between the sensor wires or, if there's a truck to my right, blocking the camera, I speed up to at least 25 mph over, so the truck gets flashed. Still haven't gotten anything in the mail and I've been doing it for over a year. I'll never pay one of these tickets if I ever get one. I have no respect at all for speed enforcement and revenue raising. I have all the respect in the world for safety and defensive driving. Safety and speed cameras have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:03 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,187,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I speed up to at least 25 mph over Safety and speed cameras have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
I think you would find, statistically, that driving at least 25 miles over the speed limit DOES impact safety... the chance of something happening to you or someone else is greater. There are speed limits FOR A REASON. Go live out in the middle of nowhere (and don't come to the city) if that's what you want to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area