Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:37 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times

Advertisements

The best Mexican food is right in Surprise. It is one of the areas best kept secrets and extremely exclusive. The only way to get in is by invitation. Most of the time those that dine there are the same croud with the regulars visiting most nights. If you ever are lucky enoph to get an invitation be sure to try out the house chili, or salsa for those of a lighter skinned persuasion. The maza Tortillas are so good that you would sware they are home made. delivered to your table hot and freshly made, they have a sweet corn taste to them that awakes the pallat and is a nice contrast to the fire hot chili. The chef is a beautifull Mexican woman that was taught traditional Mexican cooking from her mom, continuing the tradition of true Mexican cooking. I have had the pleasure of being in her company many nights and she is an amazing woman to spend time with. The unfortunate thing is that I have sworn to forgo ever giving out the address to this establishment, especially since it is me that ends up paying for all the food, in addition to offering a hand at helping in the kitchen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 02:40 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
The best Mexican food is right in Surprise. It is one of the areas best kept secrets and extremely exclusive. The only way to get in is by invitation. Most of the time those that dine there are the same croud with the regulars visiting most nights. If you ever are lucky enoph to get an invitation be sure to try out the house chili, or salsa for those of a lighter skinned persuasion. The maza Tortillas are so good that you would sware they are home made. delivered to your table hot and freshly made, they have a sweet corn taste to them that awakes the pallat and is a nice contrast to the fire hot chili. The chef is a beautifull Mexican woman that was taught traditional Mexican cooking from her mom, continuing the tradition of true Mexican cooking. I have had the pleasure of being in her company many nights and she is an amazing woman to spend time with. The unfortunate thing is that I have sworn to forgo ever giving out the address to this establishment, especially since it is me that ends up paying for all the food, in addition to offering a hand at helping in the kitchen.
I assume you're talkinga bout your house and your wife?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:50 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times
Quote:
LOL...Excellent...

Old 06-26-2009, 03:04 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,290,783 times
Quote:
You are onto something. You know you joke but I've lost 7 lbs in the last 10 days just eating at home. I'm notorious for eating out and rather unhealthy too. Yeah, I'm bad. I realized I need to be a better example to my patients and lose some weight so I started cooking at home...nothing fancy. I'm not a health nut but at least I can see what goes into my food. Not only does it taste better (I'm sick of eating out) but I feel so much better. Home cooked food is underrated. We should all explore that restaurant we call home more often.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:09 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
OK you got me. It is our home and my wife is one excellent Mexican cook. On top of that she is an excellent Mexican American born and raised in California to parents that did the unthinkable, they came here legally amazing as that sounds. Not that I wanted to hijack the post or anything. My original post was meant to add a little humor.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:18 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times
Quote:
OK you got me. It is our home and my wife is one excellent Mexican cook. On top of that she is an excellent Mexican American born and raised in California to parents that did the unthinkable, they came here legally amazing as that sounds. Not that I wanted to hijack the post or anything. My original post was meant to add a little humor.
It is humorous, and also enticing...we all need to cook at home more...eat out less....

Old 06-26-2009, 03:52 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,283 times
About a month ago I started my diet, stopped eating fast food and started cooking 2-3 times a day, and I love it!

I have also lost 15lbs so far too!

Old 06-26-2009, 03:21 PM

300 posts, read 951,957 times
I agree with Carolina's. It may be a hole in the wall in the ghetto but its very good and very cheap. Yum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area