Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:59 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,045,740 times

Advertisements

Ah, yes, do they still have the drive in on McClintock and Mckellops is it? Across from the Big Surf and the little race car place. I remember going there a lot when I was young. Drive ins are the best. Sneaking in all the kids under blankets, ha ha, snacks, going to the bathroom and seeing all those people on the way there. Fun times.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:57 AM

204 posts, read 626,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Ah, yes, do they still have the drive in on McClintock and Mckellops is it? Across from the Big Surf and the little race car place. I remember going there a lot when I was young. Drive ins are the best. Sneaking in all the kids under blankets, ha ha, snacks, going to the bathroom and seeing all those people on the way there. Fun times.
My son loved that little race car place! What the heck is the name of that place again? All I remember is that it's near a Super Walmart lol.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:18 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,935,396 times
Drive ins were fun especially if you were on a date. I liked parking somewhat up wrong. The popcorn, cardboard pizza & soda was high.I did love the experience as a kid & adult. I also went in the winter & used the clip on antenna thingy & my battery died from using the radio.

I sure miss the drive in theater but hated the cheap window speaker with mono sound only (no stereo). I did take a speaker home with me & i have it on display in my home & it still works. I just grabbed the speaker & drove off after the movie. I was a teen then. Drive ins dont exist in ca anymore (as far as i know).

Old 08-12-2010, 07:22 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,585,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Scottsdale 6 on Mckellips and Hayden was opened in the middle 1970's and is still open with 6 screens. It is not in Scottsdale but on the Pima reservation. The big attraction was on the corner where people could buy cigarettes with no tax.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:38 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,532,258 times
Default Does anyone remember the drive in movies?

I remember oh so well, my parents would dress us in our pajamas so we would be ready for bed when we got home. When we found our spot we would immediately run off and play on swings and the slide. We would then sit in front of the car in lounge chairs to watch until the mosquito attacks, or we got scared that someone was gonna get us. The drive-in will always have great memories for me as this was one thing we did as a family quite often .

Old 08-12-2010, 11:08 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,206,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
Scottsdale 6 on Mckellips and Hayden was opened in the middle 1970's and is still open with 6 screens. It is not in Scottsdale but on the Pima reservation. The big attraction was on the corner where people could buy cigarettes with no tax.
No need for past tense there, the On-Auk-Mor store is still open and doing a brisk cigarette business. Back to topic!

Old 08-12-2010, 12:43 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,741,203 times
Oh the memories of going to the Scottsdale 6 as a kid. I haven't been there is years may have to go this winter for oldtimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area