Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 02:22 AM

6,701 posts, read 5,930,570 times

Advertisements

break it up guys, we're talking about melting groceries here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 02:52 AM

422 posts, read 1,271,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
That's the nice thing about having the fridge break down in Massachusetts in the winter. You just put all the food in a box on the rear porch, simple simple.

Likewise, you don't worry about trivial things like the ice cream melting in the trunk. It just ain't gonna happen.

Of course, you freeze your patootie but that's the price you pay for such convenience.
Except people in general buy ice cream in the summer in the North East, unless they are ice cream fanatics and must have it all year round.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:59 AM

422 posts, read 1,271,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
Man half you carry ice and insulated crap unbelievable. Just toss it in the trunk and drive home.
Many of us don't live around the corner from the grocery store.

To the OP: grocery shopping last on the errand list and depending on your distance to the store a cooler with ice works great!

It's 20 miles one way to my nearest grocery store and the cooler/ice is a must.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:46 AM

82 posts, read 210,407 times
I know someone who uses the hot car to heat up water in the summer. They put a bucket of water in their truck for a couple of hours and when they bring it in, it is hot enough to do...whatever one does with hot water.

If anyone would like to share more tips for newcomers, or their personal story of being a "transplant", I am putting together a column and looking for input. Please see:
Every transplant has a story

There's also a fun quiz you can take.

Thanks!
Susan Rienzo

Old 06-30-2009, 09:52 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
Many of us don't live around the corner from the grocery store.

To the OP: grocery shopping last on the errand list and depending on your distance to the store a cooler with ice works great!

It's 20 miles one way to my nearest grocery store and the cooler/ice is a must.
"Many" is a strong word. I have a strong suspicion you are the only one on this thread that is 20 miles from the nearest grocery store. Yes, if you are one of the 0.05% that lives that far away, then you will need an ice cooler, for the rest of us, yes I suppose if you buy groceries at 12 PM and spend the next 5 hours doing various other errands with the air conditioning off the entire time then you too will need ice packs and a cooler.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:55 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
"Many" is a strong word. I have a strong suspicion you are the only one on this thread that is 20 miles from the nearest grocery store. Yes, if you are one of the 0.05% that lives that far away, then you will need an ice cooler, for the remainder of us, you don't need a cooler or ice packs to go grocery shopping.
I live much farther than 20 miles from where we shop

Old 06-30-2009, 10:03 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I live much farther than 20 miles from where we shop
And you also live NW of Florence, AZ which doesn't pertain to the metro. I assumed this was the Phoenix forum in which people live in or near the metro. Even the cities on the outskirts will have proximity to a grocery store that is within 20 miles.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:43 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post

Originally Posted by 61scout80
Sometimes i think we are too far removed from bonking an animal with a rock and eating it raw....

I do that for finding a date not dinner!

Turco, you have earned another "GO TO YOUR ROOM" for that one too! At this rate you may be able to come out and play with your new toys on Christmas morning.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:59 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I do that for finding a date not dinner!
OUCH! ! ! ! ! ! !

Old 06-30-2009, 03:54 PM

1,315 posts, read 3,228,033 times
How many of you abstain from non essential or pleasure shopping in the summer months due to the heat and instead buy things online?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area