Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:57 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times

Advertisements

ritchie - the city of goodyear itself also does a lot of this stuff - a good portion of it's listed on it's webpage

one event that was up at estrella that just moved to the ballpark, which has been enjoyable in the past, is when the symphony does an outdoor concert ...... there's a charge, but it's not bad

not sure if it's open to the public or not, but there is rookie league baseball played there pretty frequently

here is some listings of upcoming events

Goodyear, AZ - Official Website
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 04:08 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,977 times
Thanks! I've been looking at the Goodyear website, but I've noticed they make you dig for the best information. I guess what I'm looking for is not what most people who visit the site are looking for.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:08 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLuver View Post
Hi Ponderosa,

I was referring to the communities that were actually up on the mountain as being the same HOA (VCA)....is that correct? I see the other HOA you made mention of (ECA) has homes that are off the mountain (The Trails, The Summit, etc). Would that be the correct assessment?
The reason why I assumed there was only one association for the homes up on the mountain was that when I went to the visitor's center, the person gave me the HOA phone number for EMR without knowing in which subdivision I was looking into.
To tell the truth I have no idea where the various subdivisions are - it's all just marketing nonsense. I think ECA is the "original" EMR including the lakeside and custom areas nearby. Why they did a different HOA is anyone's guess, but my guess is that while the development was owned by the Federal gov't a lot of non-approved stuff was done. Maybe they started VCA so they did not have to grandfather all the violators and deal with "so and so has that, why can't I". Maybe there were some legal issues related to the sale by Resolution Trust. Anyway, both have the same number as they are both managed by the same company, CCMC. They do have separate boards and meetings. The fees are the same I think. Not a big deal.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:10 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
one event that was up at estrella that just moved to the ballpark, which has been enjoyable in the past, is when the symphony does an outdoor concert ...... there's a charge, but it's not bad
That was really sad and sorry. The event at Estrella was so much nicer. I guess Newland was too broke to cover the costs. Maybe they will bring it back where it belongs someday.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:17 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
i agree the lakeside setting is nicer for sure

atlhough, most of all i'm just happy to have it in goodyear at all

Old 07-17-2009, 06:25 PM

Someone took some nice photo's of Estrella, and I thought I'd post the link:

Snipp Photography.com/Estrella Mountain Ranch AZ

Old 07-18-2009, 09:29 AM

Here's a link to a PDF that has some interesting information and drawings of the Basha's shopping center and Estrella in general:

http://hogan-retail.com/uploads/Moun...t_Estrella.pdf

Old 07-18-2009, 01:45 PM

Another interesting link (also PDF):

http://www.badecom.com/images/NEW_FL...re%2012-08.pdf

Old 09-13-2010, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,401 times
Okay, I had to jump in here and comment on the dog park. It does NOT have one side for "good dogs" and one for "bad dogs". It DOES, however, have one side for Active dogs and one side for Passive dogs. Some people don't take the time to read and/or understand this and they assume it means Aggressive and non-agressive dogs. This is NOT the case. Aggressive dogs are NOT allowed at the dog park at any time. The distinction between Active and Passive is this: Active dogs run fast, are high energy, play, roughhouse, etc. Passive dogs kind of just mosey around and do their own thing. It is a GREAT park and most of the owners are responsible and friendly.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:49 AM

106 posts, read 361,429 times
I think I REALLY love this area! I hope my job I get is close enough to live here! Anybody have any "updates" to the Estrella community as the thred is a little "dated". I have two kids 11, and 8, both boys. Seems like a great family friendly area and house prices unbelievable!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area