U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-17-2009, 01:20 PM

131 posts, read 372,450 times

Advertisements

Need some form of photo ID for my wife. She lost her DL and we just moved from out of State.

We have all vital records in storage (Birth Cert)

Does anyone know of a place that will give a photo ID without a photo ID?

Like a check cashing place or sonmething.

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 01:23 PM

1,194 posts, read 2,505,572 times
Just show up at any CVS Pharmacy and they will do your photo ID.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:33 PM

7,972 posts, read 16,174,275 times
Considering the runaway ID Theft nowadays, would any legitimate business, organization or agency honor a Photo ID if no verification was required?

Last edited by Bummer; 07-17-2009 at 02:13 PM..

Old 07-17-2009, 01:46 PM

14,198 posts, read 17,763,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Considering the runaway ID Theft nowadays, would an legitimate business, organization or agency honor a Photo ID if no verification was required?
Right. Why in the world would CVS (or any company) CREATE a photo ID for anyone just on someone's "say-so' as to who they are?

You need to get that birth certificate out of storage or get another one, or contact the MVD in the state you moved from.... perhaps they can give the MVD here the info to issue your wife an official photo ID.

EDIT: Here's a link to the MVD page re: how to get a driver's license without a photo ID (you can, with multiple pieces of secondary ID) I'd imagine you can get an offiicial photo ID with that... but might as well go ahead and get a drivers' license.

http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/azwelcome.asp#ObtainALicense

Last edited by observer53; 07-17-2009 at 02:37 PM..

Old 07-17-2009, 02:53 PM

131 posts, read 372,450 times
Thanks for the help all. We are trying to get the Birth Cert out of storage. Not an easy task.

I will contact the MVD and see what i can do.

Thanks.

I agree this would be rare, but when I was younger you could go to check cashing places and get ID's pretty easly. I am sure it's changed. i hope at least. Really it could not be used anywhere, but this purpose it would work.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:06 PM

1,712 posts, read 1,918,384 times
It might not be difficult to get a quick replacement from the state you came from. I lost my license once and went to the MVD's website, ordered a replacement and had it within a couple of days, they even had express delivery available. The photo was on file so it was easy for them to do.

Side note: for as painful as the MVD can be, I am always impressed with how efficient servicearizona.com turns out to be.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:09 PM

14,198 posts, read 17,763,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
It might not be difficult to get a quick replacement from the state you came from. I lost my license once and went to the MVD's website, ordered a replacement and had it within a couple of days, they even had express delivery available. The photo was on file so it was easy for them to do.

Side note: for as painful as the MVD can be, I am always impressed with how efficient servicearizona.com turns out to be.
Agreed, that's one of the best things that an agency ever came up with.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:43 PM

7,972 posts, read 16,174,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Agreed, that's one of the best things that an agency ever came up with.
I could not agree more, pbenjamin and observer.

In fact, Arizona'a MVD is almost a pleasure to visit compared to many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area