U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-19-2009, 07:22 PM

20 posts, read 22,591 times
Default Recommendation for apartments w/in 25 miles of Avondale?

Hello everyone,

I was reading up on some of the threads in here and the community seems fairly nice and informative...

I was wondering if anyone could lend me a hand...

I'm looking for anything really... Preferably a 2bed/2bath apartment.

The Paseo out in Goodyear seems almost PERFECT! Goodyear Arizona Apartments - HOME - The Paseo Apartments

My only 2 major concerns is that the community is extremely safe for my car...

I drive a 1993 Volkswagen Corrado that I baby more than family. I need it to be garaged 24/7 aside from when i'm at school.

My budget it roughly $1017 a month currently... It's not 100% confirmed.

So overall... All I really need is:

- Low Crime
- Garage, preferably connected.
- Within $1000 budget.

I been using Apartments For Rent - Nationwide Apartment Rental Search - ForRent.com and apartmentratings.com for more "first hand" info.

I've even looked at:
- Barossa at Paradise Ridge
- Grigio Tempe Town Lake
- Arete

Any help would be appreciated! thank you much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-19-2009, 08:37 PM

1,836 posts, read 2,800,887 times
No offense but the last thing you should do is live in Tempe and have to travel to Avondale everyday. If you love your car the commute will cause havoc to your car. You should look in Goodyear or even Glendale I'm sure some westsiders will chime in.

Unread 07-19-2009, 10:21 PM

Thanks... I do travel in it a lot out here in SoCal, but the heat comparison.... It's like 1 miles of driving here is like 5 out there on it... This type of car just overheats naturally... Never can get it to run perfectly...

Didn't think 20 miles would make much of a difference...

The other concern I had is that a lot of apartments within a 5-10 miles radius of Avondale is packed with inconsiderate UTI students.... NO THANKS!

Plus, if the pad is NICE! and meets everything I want and need... Why not travel the extra bit knowing my car won't get broken into, car lifted, wheels jacked? And than my personal safety.

Unread 07-19-2009, 10:33 PM

2,245 posts, read 1,944,929 times
Broadstone Canyon Trails are beautiful and something I would not hesitate to live in. I live right down the road from them and it's very safe.

Broadstone Canyon Trails - Apartments in Goodyear

Unread 07-19-2009, 11:42 PM

829 posts, read 793,900 times
If your main job/school is in Avondale, there is no reason to be looking in Tempe or anywhere else to the east. Stay in Avondale, Goodyear, Tolleson, or maybe even Buckeye. Stuff is cheaper out there anyway, and your commute will be infinately more bearable. Crime is lighter until you start getting a little east of there into south Phoenix.

Unread 07-19-2009, 11:50 PM

8,131 posts, read 8,383,582 times
not sure what you are looking for as far as situation - family, schools, nightlife, etc

i probably wouldn't go much east of the 101 if I were you though

Goodyear is a better bet than Avondale - if you are looking for a quiet area with very convenient amenities that aren't that busy it's a great place to be

Paseo looks nice and it's in a convenient area ..... there are also apartments going up near the ballpark that look incredible ........ i knew people who lived in the complex above lifetime fitness near bullards and it was great as well

there are also complexes as you get towards northern goodyear / litchfield park

another option would be to live near the stadiums and the development around 101/northern .... a little bit further, a neighborhood that is more in it's developing stage ..... however, some good nightlife options etc between westgate and park west

finally the arrowhead area (which is where I lived when I first moved down) ....... a ton of great complexes around the arrowhead mall ...... can walk to the mall and have a long walk / short cab to a ton of bars, restaurants, spring training, etc

Unread 07-20-2009, 03:06 AM

Hmm just looking for an area with a good nightlife, something fun to get depression out of the way... I'm 19 years old and leaving some really great friends behind...

I just want to be away from noisy teenagers who party all night... I'll party... But not in my pad, and not near my pad.

So far still looking at The Paseo and Broadstone Canyon Trails looks really nice aswell.

Thank you very much everyone! So stick to the western side!

Unread 07-20-2009, 10:27 AM

8,131 posts, read 8,383,582 times
my brother lived with me in goodyear when he was 20 and met some people though, so that's ended up being decent ...... i would try to visit, having close proximity to bars & restaurants doesn't do much good if you can't get into them

goodyear has good access to the white tank mountains and estrella mountains if you are into such activities ..... there is also a lot of golf everywhere in the metro (goodyear included)

if you like sports the west valley is a great location as well

Unread 07-20-2009, 01:57 PM

Alright, sounds good.

Unread 07-20-2009, 03:01 PM

157 posts, read 243,895 times
I would look into Arrowhead area in Peoria or Westage in Glendale. The drive to work should not be more than 20 minutes and if you want to party drive to Scottsdale would be around 30 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Rado View Post
Hmm just looking for an area with a good nightlife, something fun to get depression out of the way... I'm 19 years old and leaving some really great friends behind...

I just want to be away from noisy teenagers who party all night... I'll party... But not in my pad, and not near my pad.

So far still looking at The Paseo and Broadstone Canyon Trails looks really nice aswell.

Thank you very much everyone! So stick to the western side!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area