Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:01 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,255 times

Advertisements

What is it with this trolls that start these phoney threads putting down Phoenix?
European-American oh puhleeeze - experience the true American dream by being real and getting a life!
SF is grossly overpriced and sure lots of folks there don't have cars - they can't afford them! It takes most of their income just to pay the bloated rents!
And quality of life for regular people - Phoenix wins. Phoenix is a middle class paradise compared to SF. All the culture in the world doesn't mean a thing when most of one's income goes just to cover basic expenses.
Enjoy your tiny apartment and have fun riding public transit. Meanhwile those of us living much better here in AZ are not thinking about you.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:02 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,933,155 times
You can sum up the disadvantages of SF, Calif. in one simple number: $26 billion. That's the California budget deficit. Good luck with that!

Plus, you have the ocean. You know how many people drown in the ocean or get eaten by sharks? Lots. And people do get run over by streetcars and buses, maybe more than you realize.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:07 PM

338 posts, read 1,624,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Peter, aka "destroycreate" hates San Diego too.

He also hates the gay nightlife in SF.....

Can't stand So Cal beaches, etc.

Pleez don't feed the troll.......

This guy also complains about the lack of lighting on So Cal's freeways....

Is there anything that I left out, Pete?
LMAO! Love it! ha ha ha!

The part about waiting for the windshield to explode made me LOL! The whole post makes me laugh actually. Good. One less person that will move out here. Fine with me!

Old 07-21-2009, 02:24 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,517,566 times
"I'm usually just a lurker on this board, but I had to respond to this one. I've lived in San Francisco for 57 years, all my life. Hubby and I are planning to move to Phoenix soon, and I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THERE! I can't wait to get to the open spaces, the beauty of the desert, away from the freezing, foggy summers, and away from the politics. And somehow I'll deal with the heat, even if it means staying inside. I've been to Phoenix enough to know that I'd rather live there than continue to live in SF."

Let us know when you're here! I love Phoenix and especially Arizona, and I'm sure you'll find yourself liking it more and more as you explore this "new" land.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:28 PM

30 posts, read 68,242 times
Why bother feeding this troll in the first place?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:41 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,009,059 times
Here we go AGAIN.

Why are people in San Francisco so ignorant when it comes to the rest of the country? All of us don't want to be granola-crunching hippies who despite capitalism even though that's what gives us the quality of life that we are lucky enough to have. Some of us actually have to work.

Many people on Phoenix's forum are from Eastern cities or the Northwest. We don't want that lifestyle anymore. Some people might ask how you can deal with the congestion, extremely high prices of EVERYTHING, constant risk of deadly earthquakes, cold, and grungy city like San Francisco. Everyone likes what they like.

You take your indie shops, Folsom Street "Festival" or "Fair" (Phoenix forummers should look this up... absolutely disgusting), homeless people left and right, cold and foggy climate. I'll take my strip malls, Starbucks and Wal-Mart stores on every block, sunshine, mountain, diverse desert setting. Thanks for stopping by, though.

Last edited by miamiman; 07-21-2009 at 02:59 PM..

Old 07-21-2009, 02:53 PM

70 posts, read 244,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
Currently, I reside in San Francisco...Yes, I am as pro-urban growth anti-sprawl as it gets...you don't HAVE to have a car, you can take the public transportation all over the city, ...
You are an Enviro-Statist. This type of liberal green hell attitude is one of the main reasons I want to get out of nor-cal and live in the beautiful and sane Arizona. Don't get me wrong, I love many things about where I currently live (the vineyards, the ocean, the hills, nature, the city's Chinatown, culture, ...), but the nutty extreme statist politics drive me nuts. I will be happy to move to AZ as soon as I can and be around people who love and live freedom and enjoy life and eachother. Every time I go to AZ, I find the people to be very friendly and it's such a breath of fresh air. The experience feeds my soul. I love the climate, the heat and sun, the nature and all it has to offer. It's also wonderful not to be bombarded with P(r)ius cars everywhere with their crazy bumper stickers. So, yes, many do love the Phoenix area and all it has to offer. I can't wait for the day when I live there and when I visit nor-cal often. That way I get the best of both worlds.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:03 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Having lived in both San Francisco and Phoenix along with many others I can understand his feelings if not his attitude. I guess I'm just not "EuroAmerican" enough? He seems hung up on the lack of density in the downtown. This is true, the population density is no greater in downtown than Maryvale or Anthem for that matter but the same is really true of Los Angeles or most of the cities in Orange County or Las Vegas. Try living in any of those cities without a car. But Cities like that are like Rivers that have water all year, just not the Southwest.
I guess he just neeeds to learn that we don't all have his "EuroAmerican" sophistication.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcork View Post
You are an Enviro-Statist. This type of liberal green hell attitude is one of the main reasons I want to get out of nor-cal and live in the beautiful and sane Arizona. Don't get me wrong, I love many things about where I currently live (the vineyards, the ocean, the hills, nature, the city's Chinatown, culture, ...), but the nutty extreme statist politics drive me nuts. I will be happy to move to AZ as soon as I can and be around people who love and live freedom and enjoy life and eachother. Every time I go to AZ, I find the people to be very friendly and it's such a breath of fresh air. The experience feeds my soul. I love the climate, the heat and sun, the nature and all it has to offer. It's also wonderful not to be bombarded with P(r)ius cars everywhere with their crazy bumper stickers. So, yes, many do love the Phoenix area and all it has to offer. I can't wait for the day when I live there and when I visit nor-cal often. That way I get the best of both worlds.
Slight thread hijack here:

One big thing that has screwed the so-called 'liberals' is that many of their common sense ideas have not only gone mainstream but have been embraced by conservatives.

In my own case; my social mores have gone more right wing in the last 20 years admittedly-----------just that societal mores have shifted leftward placing me by default with conservatives as well.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:44 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,933,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Slight thread hijack here:

One big thing that has screwed the so-called 'liberals' is that many of their common sense ideas have not only gone mainstream but have been embraced by conservatives.
Not just the liberals. We've all been screwed. As society gets more liberal, our prosperity declines. I mean, look at the current prez. He wants to tax the rich to give free healthcare to the poor, and he wants to strengthen the unions even after the bankruptcy of the unionized car companies.

So far the current party in power hasn't said a thing about encouraging businesses, you know, like by reducing taxes and regulations. They'll never learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area