U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:58 PM

32 posts, read 90,355 times

Advertisements

If you get a speed / redlight camera ticket I have been using a guaranteed way to get out of it.

I have a hand full of foreign clients info, most of which I change slightly and fill out Part B claiming I wasn't the driver using BS info. A week later you get a dismissed letter in the mail, everytime!

The courts have no way of determining if someone in Dubai was actually driving you're car. The system is such a joke and they wouldn't even waste postage to send a letter to a foreign address anyways. Even if they do it goes to nobody and you're still off the hook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 12:59 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,482,195 times
...or you can just ignore the ticket like the rest of us.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:07 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,851,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hats View Post
If you get a speed / redlight camera ticket I have been using a guaranteed way to get out of it.

I have a hand full of foreign clients info, most of which I change slightly and fill out Part B claiming I wasn't the driver using BS info. A week later you get a dismissed letter in the mail, everytime!

The courts have no way of determining if someone in Dubai was actually driving you're car. The system is such a joke and they wouldn't even waste postage to send a letter to a foreign address anyways. Even if they do it goes to nobody and you're still off the hook.
Sounds interesting, but, if your the registered owner of the car, and the picture on your driver's license matches the photo, it would not work.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:19 PM

32 posts, read 90,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Sounds interesting, but, if your the registered owner of the car, and the picture on your driver's license matches the photo, it would not work.
I have a NY issued license so when I get pulled over by an actual cop it reads I don't have any AZ info, so that could be true. But I don't think they match pictures anyways.

Other vehicles I own are titled to my business. They have AZ plates but a Nevada Corporate mailing address. On those I just get a "please identify the driver" which I just throw away.

Outlaw speed cameras! It's actually more dangerous having people like me slow a high performance car with braking capabilities far beyond most peoples econo boxes where I have to worry about a Prius rear ending me than just letting me scoot by at a safe 90-100 mph in the passing lane.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:26 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,851,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hats View Post
I have a NY issued license so when I get pulled over by an actual cop it reads I don't have any AZ info, so that could be true. But I don't think they match pictures anyways.

Other vehicles I own are titled to my business. They have AZ plates but a Nevada Corporate mailing address. On those I just get a "please identify the driver" which I just throw away.

Outlaw speed cameras! It's actually more dangerous having people like me slow a high performance car with braking capabilities far beyond most peoples econo boxes where I have to worry about a Prius rear ending me than just letting me scoot by at a safe 90-100 mph in the passing lane.
Hello my friend,

I am all for beating the cameras. If you look at my post history, you will see I have gotten away with over 20 of these "scamera" tickets. I did it by ignoring the tickets and subsequent process servers. But, what you are doing would not have worked for me since I did have an AZ license with a car registered to me. At least, in the beginning until I changed my address and did not notify the MVD HE HE. I do thank you for sharing your method, and I hope it continues to work succesfully.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:29 PM

542 posts, read 1,207,626 times
I'd be scared to acknowledge that I received the ticket. What if you just put Joe Schmoe address 2523 London Fog Dr. London UK
How would they know if that's BS or not?

be prepared to get flames from people saying if you break the law you should feel responsible enough pay some private company 90 percent of the assessed fines

Old 07-22-2009, 02:04 PM

14,199 posts, read 17,763,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
I'd be scared to acknowledge that I received the ticket. What if you just put Joe Schmoe address 2523 London Fog Dr. London UK
How would they know if that's BS or not?

be prepared to get flames from people saying if you break the law you should feel responsible enough pay some private company 90 percent of the assessed fines
Exactly. It's breaking the law, just like any other law. You don't get to pick the ones you want to follow and those you don't.

The least expensive and easiest way to avoid photo radar tickets is to (gasp!) obey the speed limits.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:07 PM

8,165 posts, read 9,843,117 times
and the ticket delivery method doesn't uphold the law either

you can't pick and chose which ones you want to follow, even if you are the authorities

Old 07-22-2009, 02:12 PM

15,952 posts, read 12,589,472 times
Face it, we need a Ballot Proposition to outlaw the use of cameras to enforce the law, period.
Arizona is becoming a laughing stock with these greedy vultures

Old 07-22-2009, 02:34 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,625,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
you can't pick and chose which ones you want to follow, even if you are the authorities
I saw a sherriff roll right through a stop sign yesterday. No lights on or anything.. just didn't want to stop apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area