U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-28-2009, 03:43 PM

1,362 posts, read 1,452,679 times
I strongly recommend that you learn the spelling of Phoenix before you start sending letters to potential employers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-28-2009, 03:58 PM

12,990 posts, read 14,336,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
I strongly recommend that you learn the spelling of Phoenix before you start sending letters to potential employers.
Misspelling can simply be a typographical error (which are ALL over this board, along with true spelling errors). I catch myself making errors typing I wouldn't make writing by hand.

It doesn't necessarily mean the OP doesn't know how to spell the word. Maybe lighten up a little!

Proofreading job letters and resumes IS important, of course.

Unread 07-28-2009, 04:12 PM

1,362 posts, read 1,452,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Misspelling can simply be a typographical error (which are ALL over this board, along with true spelling errors). I catch myself making errors typing I wouldn't make writing by hand.

It doesn't necessarily mean the OP doesn't know how to spell the word. Maybe lighten up a little!

Proofreading job letters and resumes IS important, of course.
Actually it was spelled that way consistently (three times) in the initial post, probably not a typo. I was actually trying to be helpful.

Unread 08-12-2009, 12:39 AM

4 posts, read 3,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post

thanks for being helpful but you just came off as an uptight *******. did i spell that right for you? stop being so anal and lighten up. and FYI anal *******, i happen to miss spell certain words as i type due to a recent broken finger. that finger isnt as strong as before so the opposite hand types faster than the hand that was injured. so yeah, stop looking for pointless little things to point out just to make yourself feel like you have a purpose and get a life. thanks! hope that advice was helpul to you as well because yours was taken with a grain of salt.

Unread 08-12-2009, 01:10 AM

4,000 posts, read 5,688,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianlove1 View Post
thanks for being helpful but you just came off as an uptight *******. did i spell that right for you? stop being so anal and lighten up. and FYI anal *******, i happen to miss spell certain words as i type due to a recent broken finger. that finger isnt as strong as before so the opposite hand types faster than the hand that was injured. so yeah, stop looking for pointless little things to point out just to make yourself feel like you have a purpose and get a life. thanks! hope that advice was helpul to you as well because yours was taken with a grain of salt.
I'd recommend areas around Anthem, Estrella, Vistancia, Ahwatukee for those not to close in to the center of Phoenix if you are looking for suburban type neighborhoods. If you want something with historic charm, a very established green area with huge trees and parks I'd recommend Roosevelt, F.Q. Story, or Willo in Phoenix. However, rent in these areas would easily meet or surpass your budget. Look further north in the Yaple Historic, Melrose, North Central, Arcadia, and College View neighborhoods in Phoenix as well. Very nice neighborhoods to walk in, safe, and all the amenities nearby. Hope your hand feels better soon! Don't worry, I sometimes type faster than I can proof read so bad spelling gets by from time to time with me too...

Unread 08-12-2009, 01:11 PM

8,118 posts, read 9,608,449 times
Rents in Vistancia for 1600 sq ft to over 2,000 sq ft, are between $1,100 to $1,350 a month. We have two new elementary schools on site along with 3 pools, a water slide, gym and walking trail. We are located in n. Peoria and can get to Del Webb hospital in 15 to 20 min taking the 303 loop. Great family community.

Unread 08-13-2009, 12:16 AM

7 posts, read 8,328 times
I would consider the Goodyear area. This area of the valley has a nice hometown feel with all the convenenience of a big town. There's a community college, various gyms, a YMCA, a Sprouts Market, Home Improvement stores, Target, Walmart, Craft Stores, Lots of Restaurants, a hospital, Wigwam Resort, Hotels, parks, etc... all within this immediate area. Plus the freeway I-10 runs right through Goodyear and Avondale so it's easy to head into Phoenix and other areas. We've lived here for 13 years and love the area. Anthem is nice... but it's far out of town. They have built more stores up in that area, but it's definitely on the way out of town. That freeway up towards Anthem gets BUSY during rush hour. I-10 West is busier now that more people live out here.. but it's still not as bad as I-17. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area