U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:43 AM

12 posts, read 17,465 times
I think it's still relevant. I think it's still the same as in the past, I too had sprint when i first moved out to phoenix and for the most part it was fine where I lived. When I bought a house and moved out a little farther out of the city my sprint phone couldn't hold a call for more than 5 minutes. I invited friends with the other carriers and verizon had the best coverage at my house, so I went with them, I think this is the only way to know if you will really have coverage where you plan on using the phone. As far as asking the customer service reps if their is coverage out in rural areas, other than tmobile, they won't know how good the quality of the signal is there they will just know if there is coverage there or not. Really need the RF engineers out there taking some samples, but that is overkill.

I think ATT stores in suburbs of PHX are a good example of this. They put repeaters in their stores so that in the store there is good coverage, when you get outside...crappy signal.

Thats just my thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 12:53 AM

86 posts, read 115,185 times
Alltel/Verizon hands down!

(Verizon is also a good company to work for too)

Old 05-17-2012, 07:05 PM

8 posts, read 10,054 times
We have had AT&T for years. Moved to the valley summer of 2010 - live in Gilbert. Coverage was horrible: dropped calls, voice mail when the phone never rang, etc. Threatened to change in June of 2011 and they gave us a micro-cell for our home. Service okay for about 8 months - but getting worse & worse. I called AT&T and they emailed me an instruction sheet for the settings we need to have on our router. I'll have to pay a techie to do that. So we are now looking to really leave AT&T. Would appreciate input on coverage for the different services in Gilbert, esp. around Power & Pecos. Thanks.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 PM

13,516 posts, read 15,595,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beadles View Post
We have had AT&T for years. Moved to the valley summer of 2010 - live in Gilbert. Coverage was horrible: dropped calls, voice mail when the phone never rang, etc. Threatened to change in June of 2011 and they gave us a micro-cell for our home. Service okay for about 8 months - but getting worse & worse. I called AT&T and they emailed me an instruction sheet for the settings we need to have on our router. I'll have to pay a techie to do that. So we are now looking to really leave AT&T. Would appreciate input on coverage for the different services in Gilbert, esp. around Power & Pecos. Thanks.
BTW, The earlier posts in this thread are from 2 1/2 years ago. Verizon has the best coverage, from what I've experienced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area