U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Unread 08-08-2009, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
4,000 posts, read 5,694,202 times
Reputation: 851
Default You know you've become a Phoenician when...

you walk outside to water your plants and you say to yourself: "It feels so cool today!" Then you check the temperature and it's only 99 with 5% humidity and feels like 93 at 5:30pm...LOL

What a beautiful night it was last night and this morning. It was in the 75-78 range! It is supposed to heat up again, then drop back down once more. With all the heat related threads, I'd thought I'd start an "anti-heat" related thread since that never seems to happen when it is below normal for high temps. Enjoy everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 08-08-2009, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
1,269 posts, read 2,917,726 times
Reputation: 1034
It was sort of downright chilly this morning lol! Right now is my idea of absolutely perfect weather. I just got back from Kierland because I just needed to be outside walking around to enjoy it. AZ Central says its 101' with 6% humidity, heat index 92.1'. Just a teeny tiny breeze blowing around here. This is my idea of gorgeous weather. I would take this 365 days a year. It's going to be a beautiful night. So I will sit outside on my laptop a few more hours and enjoy. This calls for a margarita, so back in a few. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-08-2009, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 24,241,867 times
Reputation: 3612
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
you walk outside to water your plants and you say to yourself: "It feels so cool today!" Then you check the temperature and it's only 99 with 5% humidity and feels like 93 at 5:30pm...LOL

What a beautiful night it was last night and this morning. It was in the 75-78 range! It is supposed to heat up again, then drop back down once more. With all the heat related threads, I'd thought I'd start an "anti-heat" related thread since that never seems to happen when it is below normal for high temps. Enjoy everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
It was sort of downright chilly this morning lol! Right now is my idea of absolutely perfect weather. I just got back from Kierland because I just needed to be outside walking around to enjoy it. AZ Central says its 101' with 6% humidity, heat index 92.1'. Just a teeny tiny breeze blowing around here. This is my idea of gorgeous weather. I would take this 365 days a year. It's going to be a beautiful night. So I will sit outside on my laptop a few more hours and enjoy. This calls for a margarita, so back in a few. ;-)
As both of you stated.

100F @ 10% humidity in the shade ain't 'hot' IMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-09-2009, 05:52 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,898 posts, read 5,780,642 times
Reputation: 849
I work overnight, and driving home yesterday morning was nice, feels like it's going to be just as nice today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-09-2009, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
8,119 posts, read 9,622,053 times
Reputation: 4165
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
you walk outside to water your plants and you say to yourself: "It feels so cool today!" Then you check the temperature and it's only 99 with 5% humidity and feels like 93 at 5:30pm...LOL

What a beautiful night it was last night and this morning. It was in the 75-78 range! It is supposed to heat up again, then drop back down once more. With all the heat related threads, I'd thought I'd start an "anti-heat" related thread since that never seems to happen when it is below normal for high temps. Enjoy everyone.
Too funny. We commented yesterday at how cool it felt in the morning and threw all the windows open for a couple of hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-09-2009, 09:50 AM
 
Location: USA
3,741 posts, read 5,463,075 times
Reputation: 1882
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I work overnight, and driving home yesterday morning was nice, feels like it's going to be just as nice today.
The past two days have been nice. A good morning for a hike or walk next to the few man made lakes in Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-10-2009, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Tempe, AZ
41 posts, read 69,425 times
Reputation: 37
I ran some errands earlier this morning, and after coming home, now all I want to do is crawl in bed with a bunch of blankets because I am still freezing.

And I've only been here for a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-10-2009, 11:50 AM
 
198 posts, read 172,716 times
Reputation: 164
Wait until 70 or 80 is the high during the day in november or december, all the kids on campus start complaining and they wear hoodies and crap :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top