U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:57 PM

170 posts, read 367,693 times

Advertisements

I am getting updated mls from my realtor, but it seems good houses always get sold fast. I can't react fast enough. I suspect that MLS is not the fastest way to get informed about new house listing. Any other way to find out new house listing in a timely manner? Should I just find someone to go to court to buy auctions? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 01:43 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,741,914 times
What's faster than the MLS? Word of mouth? Unless you're only looking for FSBO's or foreclosures, the MLS is the fastest way. Are you suggesting there's some double-secret MLS out there for the cool realtors?

The house we're trying to close on was listed for less than two days before the seller just got tired of the lines of cars in front of the house, waiting to see it. After 15 offers came in on one day, he picked ours. That's how fast it can happen. You snooze, you lose.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:50 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,346,168 times
Well if you want to try catching knives, you ought to try a method used by a colleague at the Los Angeles place where I work. Pay people to stand in line to be the first to get a house in the neighborhood because "they are not making any land anymore." he's $350,000 underwater and now lives in a mobile home.

48% of all homeowners will be underwater in two years in the U.S. That was all over internet. Did you catch that?

Old 08-09-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Well if you want to try catching knives, you ought to try a method used by a colleague at the Los Angeles place where I work. Pay people to stand in line to be the first to get a house in the neighborhood because "they are not making any land anymore." he's $350,000 underwater and now lives in a mobile home.

48% of all homeowners will be underwater in two years in the U.S. That was all over internet. Did you catch that?
Well, I heard that but I need to check the credibility of the news. Thank you.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:04 PM

14 posts, read 31,547 times
You have to act quickly. For us, a house went on the market Friday, we looked at it Saturday (along with others), then made a full-price offer on Sunday, and it was accepted. The house was getting a lot of traffic since it was really nice and priced right. Conventional sale, not bank owned or short sale.

Just be ready to look and act. Get pre-qualified/approved and make a solid offer. I don't have much advice in a bank owned/short sale situation since we did not go through that.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 PM

Thank you. I don't know which agent have the network to find out which houses gonna be on the market. With so many people looking at MLS daily, I don't know if I can be fast enough to buy a house with good location and reasonable price. Many people say such such agents are good, actually their qualities vary as we all have different standards.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:08 PM

All agents have access to the MLS. You can't get in to see a house without your agent, so you really can't make an offer until you've seen the house and your agent has drawn up the contract and you've signed it. I don't know how you could do all that in less than a few hours. The only other way would be to have an inside lead on a house before it goes into the MLS. Realtors have their own house previews, usually on Tuesday mornings every week. That's when your own agent could, in theory, find you a house before it goes into the MLS. But then lots of other agents would be previewing it too. Get your financing squared away, know EXACTLY what you want and be ready to pounce. My own criteria are a three car garage, pool, in zip codes 85331 and 85255, under $340k and in perfect condition. That tends to weed out a lot of stuff.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
All agents have access to the MLS. You can't get in to see a house without your agent, so you really can't make an offer until you've seen the house and your agent has drawn up the contract and you've signed it. I don't know how you could do all that in less than a few hours. The only other way would be to have an inside lead on a house before it goes into the MLS. Realtors have their own house previews, usually on Tuesday mornings every week. That's when your own agent could, in theory, find you a house before it goes into the MLS. But then lots of other agents would be previewing it too. Get your financing squared away, know EXACTLY what you want and be ready to pounce. My own criteria are a three car garage, pool, in zip codes 85331 and 85255, under $340k and in perfect condition. That tends to weed out a lot of stuff.
Under 340K, I bet it is hard to find a good house in the area code you looking for. I am looking at East Valley right now. my criteria is, under 350K, perfect location and almost condition.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:38 PM

We have a very nice one in N. Scottsdale now for $320k. It's a short sale and we have a seller acceptance. BPO's are done and bank acceptance should be here any day now. We've lost out on plenty of offers in Cave Creek, not lowballs, but not 20% over asking either. I think we were the high bidder on a few of those, but the sellers went with lower cash offers. At some point, you have to be reasonable and not get into this bidding frenzy that leads to insane prices and risky appraisals.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:03 AM

Someone said they know the realtors that have relationships with other agents or channels know the "coming soon" properties, then bid it once it is on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area