U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:20 PM

477 posts, read 1,073,637 times

Advertisements

Ok, this is 3 times since yesterday at the same circle K. People run in and leave their young kids in the flippin' car! WHY IS THIS OK???? I just dont get it. I really wish I had the guts to say something, but I usually have my own kids with me and they are so embarrased when I get in other's people's business, as they call it. It's hot as HECK out there, and it's so unsafe. What can be done about this? The questions is :Why do I care so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 05:22 PM

542 posts, read 1,209,711 times
Were the windows down? Was the car running? Was the A/C on? I leave my kids in the car if I'm running into the gas station for a quick trip with the A/C on of course

Old 08-10-2009, 05:37 PM

3,995 posts, read 6,298,761 times
I guess it depends on the situation. I haven't raised very young kids but I have older cousins, a nephew, etc. and if I stop at a gas station I usually leave them in the car with the AC running. Of course I can leave my car running, remove the key fob, and lock the doors. With the key fob out of the vehicle the transmission locks and you can't shift out of park. However, if I had really young kids like an infant or toddler I wouldn't leave them in the car; I'd carry them in unless they were with an older person or kid.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:01 PM

Trudawg~ your kids are 10 if I remember correctly, totally different. I leave my 14 yr old, 12yr old and 4 yr old in the running car with A/c on all of the time. I tell them lock the doors, then I go in get whatever I am getting and then when I come back, they unlock and we are on our way.

In these cases, the kids are under 5 and are left alone. I think that is wrong. One lady yesterday left an infant and what looked like a 4-5 yr old. cars not running. Today the lady left the window cracked.

Maybe Im just overly sensitive to this. I also go ballistic when people dont buckle their kids, or use their carseats properly. Every one has an opportunity to get their carseat inspected for proper use.

Maybe they can create a job for me: "Kidcop" LOL

Old 08-10-2009, 06:09 PM

1,715 posts, read 3,789,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassieb75 View Post
One lady yesterday left an infant and what looked like a 4-5 yr old. cars not running. Today the lady left the window cracked.
If I ever come across such a situation, I'd not hesitate to smash a window, dial 911 and grab the child to take into an a/c cooled bldg. while I waited for the cops.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:18 PM

9 posts, read 11,513 times
pick up your ever present cell phone and call 911 (you can even remain anonymous)

Old 08-10-2009, 06:21 PM

1,715 posts, read 3,789,559 times
Wouldn't you feel kinda bad if you saw a live baby locked in a car, called from your cell, walked away and later heard the baby died? Sorry, I don't wait on police response times for anything.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:23 PM

I get what y'all are saying. But, this is circle K. Not Walmart or Target. If I saw this at one of those place, and hadn't seen tha parent, yeah I would totally call police. But, I saw each parent, they were within feet of me in the circle K. I even waited as they got back into their cars. By the time I would have called police, they would have been in and out and then gone by the time I'd even been done talking with a dispatcher.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:17 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,872,973 times
Quote:
Trudawg~ your kids are 10 if I remember correctly, totally different. I leave my 14 yr old, 12yr old and 4 yr old in the running car with A/c on all of the time. I tell them lock the doors, then I go in get whatever I am getting and then when I come back, they unlock and we are on our way.

In these cases, the kids are under 5 and are left alone. I think that is wrong. One lady yesterday left an infant and what looked like a 4-5 yr old. cars not running. Today the lady left the window cracked.

Maybe Im just overly sensitive to this. I also go ballistic when people dont buckle their kids, or use their carseats properly. Every one has an opportunity to get their carseat inspected for proper use.

Maybe they can create a job for me: "Kidcop" LOL
This is exactly why some people have no business having kids. I have to agree with Rick Lee on this one. Luckily, I have not seen anyone doing this as I do not want to be in this situation. I honestly do not have the balls to break someones window. However, If I saw a kid suffering I would most likely take them out of the car and have a word with the parent if the door was unlocked, or go inside and make a little scene in the Circle K to get the kid out.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:36 AM

674 posts, read 1,539,483 times
Quote:
Ok, this is 3 times since yesterday at the same circle K. People run in and leave their young kids in the flippin' car! WHY IS THIS OK???? I just dont get it. I really wish I had the guts to say something, but I usually have my own kids with me and they are so embarrased when I get in other's people's business, as they call it. It's hot as HECK out there, and it's so unsafe. What can be done about this? The questions is :Why do I care so much?
Who said it was okay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area