Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 08:34 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,591,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
So Joe's job is to raid county building and seize computers by force? And on top of that defy a judges order to return them? So what you are implying is that as long as Joe does his job, who cares if he breaks the law? Which he did in this case...No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Arpaio can't win, according to federal and state law, the county was breaking the law and what they were doing was illegal. Arpaio only changed the passwords to law enforcement records, he did not 'seize' the county computers. No matter what he does he is prejudged before the facts are presented. Employees of the county could have compromised pending cases.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:38 PM

937 posts, read 2,827,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
As I have posted many times in the past on this forum and others . . .

The State of Arizona as well as this entire country would be a better place if we only have more leaders like Sheriff Joe instead of the agenda driven, pompous, deceitful, "professional" goons in power today.
Ill drink to that! The sissyness of society today makes me laugh. We need MORE tent cities and MORE Sheriff Joes.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:43 PM

3,995 posts, read 9,987,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Ill drink to that! The sissyness of society today makes me laugh. We need MORE tent cities and MORE Sheriff Joes.
Oh please, the "un-sissy" thing to do would be to attack the virus at the source and BEFORE they infest the "host." It is "fun" and "splashy" to arrest 4 illegals at a factory while 50+ sneak across Joe's territory and becomes someone else's problem, LOL! Yeah, that's unsissy! Also waiting to do the right thing the lawful and correct way is also not sissy...but Joe thinks he is above the law.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 PM

70 posts, read 244,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaudia View Post
How?
One of the reasons it takes to long for the LEGAL immigrants to gain a green card is because the system is clogged full of illegals. They (immigration) look at the situation as part of the system and thus, it slows down the influx of talented immigrants who want to contribute and who love America. I can write more later if you like, but I'm not into it right now. Almost four years waiting now...

Old 08-19-2009, 10:44 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,668,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcork View Post
One of the reasons it takes to long for the LEGAL immigrants to gain a green card is because the system is clogged full of illegals. They (immigration) look at the situation as part of the system and thus, it slows down the influx of talented immigrants who want to contribute and who love America. I can write more later if you like, but I'm not into it right now. Almost four years waiting now...
Why not get a corporate sponsorship? The Indians don't seem to have a problem, im not sure where you are posting from but i don't see how it would be any different.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 PM

114 posts, read 424,204 times
Quote:
I am familiar with the immigration process. Although it is a difficult and long journey, the two are not related-handled by the same agency, yes, but still that's not what's holding back your GC. The illegal immigration is mostly handled by the courts, deportation, etc. Your case, if all legal, is mostly "clerical". Illegal immigrants are not applying for GCs that's why they're illegal.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Ugh, how are illegals clogging the LEGAL immigration process if they aren't even in that system and thus aren't created a backlog? The reason it takes a long time is because of strict, archaic, and mostly very necessary standards and processes that need to be met to ensure rightful and fair acceptance of immigrants. Illegals are illegal because they don't use the immigration system and processes and the deportation is the only system clogged in that respect.

I too have a problem with illegals as many friends have to pay thousands of dollars a year and continue with the process in a slow and painful manner while illegals just forget others' sacrifice and don't have respect for the law. Immigration laws in Europe, Asia, Mexico, etc are much more harsh and unforgiving.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,619,358 times
You think you've seen the Jerry Springer Brigade at the Town Halls, wait until you see Sherrif Joes Posse, the "Hitler Youth gone Geriatric" , as the West Valley View called them, in their County Uniforms. It will get ugly

Last edited by Boompa; 08-19-2009 at 11:32 PM..

Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,619,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
We could call them FEMA CAMPS and have Death Panels decide who would be sent there

Old 08-19-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
We could call them FEMA CAMPS and have Death Panels decide who would be sent there
LOL, do you work for Sarah Palin, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area