U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-21-2009, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
1,046 posts, read 1,849,730 times
Reputation: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home_Kid View Post
Joe A is awesome. he's obviously doing the right thing as he keeps getting re-elected. if you dont like him then you have to organize and get the votes needed to get him out, its just the way it works.

i stand firm on no rights for illegal immigrants, period. illegal is illegal. not really sure why people have a hard time understanding that. any program that supports illegals in any fashion is wasting tax payer money, and i'm tired of paying for it !!

and its funny, the title of this thread suggests Joe has gone mad with power. ummm, his "power" is limited by law, so if you dont like the law then organize your vote and get it changed, otherwise stop griping.

go Joe !!!
Kudos to you I completely agree!

As I have said the mere mention of Joe's name brings every "open borders" advocate and illegal immigration sympathizer out of the woodwork and the expression of their subterfuges are funny to see. These folks don't want to see ANYTHING done about illegal immigration except massive amnesty.

 
Old 08-21-2009, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
4,000 posts, read 5,913,117 times
Reputation: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
Kudos to you I completely agree!

As I have said the mere mention of Joe's name brings every "open borders" advocate and illegal immigration sympathizer out of the woodwork and the expression of their subterfuges are funny to see. These folks don't want to see ANYTHING done about illegal immigration except massive amnesty.
This is such a repeated and dumbfounded response. NO one has advocated amnesty NOR open borders. We advocate more pro-active approaches that would catch more illegals, drug smugglers, and coyotes. Funny how this issue is ignored and people cheer on the fact that he catches a few illegals at a factory when hundreds more seek into our cities via Joe's area of responsibility. But while the municipal law agencies fight the real problem, fight the drug cartels, etc Joe can pretend to do something when he holds Maria, Jose, and Juan in a cell half the day until a relative bring their green cards so they can be released. He is a joke!
 
Old 08-21-2009, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
7,733 posts, read 14,879,326 times
Reputation: 6037
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
Kudos to you I completely agree!

As I have said the mere mention of Joe's name brings every "open borders" advocate and illegal immigration sympathizer out of the woodwork and the expression of their subterfuges are funny to see. These folks don't want to see ANYTHING done about illegal immigration except massive amnesty.
Thank you, Charles!

The Illegal Lovers literally scare me with their total lack of logic and common sense plus their blatant disrespect for the laws of this country.
 
Old 08-21-2009, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
4,000 posts, read 5,913,117 times
Reputation: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Thank you, Charles!

The Illegal Lovers literally scare me with their total lack of logic and common sense plus their blatant disrespect for the laws of this country.
Please explain who is an illegal lover, what one is and what lack of logic and common sense and blatant disrespect for the laws has been offered in this thread that "scares" you???
 
Old 08-21-2009, 05:11 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,193 posts, read 5,546,579 times
Reputation: 1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Please explain who is an illegal lover, what one is and what lack of logic and common sense and blatant disrespect for the laws has been offered in this thread that "scares" you???
They just cannot make the separation. This thread had ZERO to due with illegals...but yet anytime someone challenges Sheriff Joe that is what they bring up. And the fact that they think Joe can do as he pleases is what is scary...But then that is how history repeats itself...people look the other way when serious things are going on.
 
Old 08-21-2009, 07:37 PM
 
Location: GoJoe
713 posts, read 686,138 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
This is such a repeated and dumbfounded response. NO one has advocated amnesty NOR open borders. We advocate more pro-active approaches that would catch more illegals, drug smugglers, and coyotes. Funny how this issue is ignored and people cheer on the fact that he catches a few illegals at a factory when hundreds more seek into our cities via Joe's area of responsibility. But while the municipal law agencies fight the real problem, fight the drug cartels, etc Joe can pretend to do something when he holds Maria, Jose, and Juan in a cell half the day until a relative bring their green cards so they can be released. He is a joke!
you have to carry your vehicle registration, drivers license, and proof of insurance when you drive, right. so if under the law Joe A holds people in detention who cannot prove they are legal, then those people learned a cheap lesson, carry the damn green card. your rebuttle is weak.

if you can suggest better ways that Joe A could effectively combat illegals then please do it in writing and mail it to his office, i am sure he would take it into consideration. you could also share your insightful action plans here too so we can all take a gander to see how much better they are than what Joe A is currently doing, etc.

and just a reminder, Joe A is only responsible for Maricopa county.
 
Old 08-21-2009, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
4,000 posts, read 5,913,117 times
Reputation: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home_Kid View Post
you have to carry your vehicle registration, drivers license, and proof of insurance when you drive, right. so if under the law Joe A holds people in detention who cannot prove they are legal, then those people learned a cheap lesson, carry the damn green card. your rebuttle is weak.

if you can suggest better ways that Joe A could effectively combat illegals then please do it in writing and mail it to his office, i am sure he would take it into consideration. you could also share your insightful action plans here too so we can all take a gander to see how much better they are than what Joe A is currently doing, etc.

and just a reminder, Joe A is only responsible for Maricopa county.
Yes, and many of these people (who are NOW filing lawsuits) had identification on them. It is NOT wise to carry a resident, green card, or citizenship papers on you because losing them would be a frightening experience and applying to replace these lost or stolen documents can be nearly impossible. Most legal immigrants I know do not carry this identification on them because the possibility of losing them is not one worth risking. It is not like walking into an MVD office to replace it, LOL!

What's more, are you or I required to carry our social security card or birth certificate on us when we wish to go to work, school, the store, dr. office, etc??? NO, don't friggin think so! Now, these people who were hear working legally have filed suit against the sheriff. As has happened repeatedly in the past these people will win hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars of our tax money...so these folks working hard to make an honest living will now be driving Lexuses, BMers, and no longer eyeing that Gucci/Prada purse but be sporting it...all thanks to our Gomer sheriff and our willingness to re-elect him and have him paying out millions in lost settlements and lawsuits.

I've given examples of what he could do on this thread. Things that military tactics have helped other police agencies in the U.S. including the Phoenix P.D. and the L.A. Sheriff's department and those agencies along the Rio Grande in Texas. Yes, Joe's only responsibility is the county, therefore he should be assisting local municipal agencies by catching desert trekkers, drug smugglers coyotes, and illegals traversing COUNTY land in order to get into the cities and drop-houses in which the City of Phoenix has a specially trained task-force to handle the problem. Sheriff Joe could implement similar task forces, tracking teams, etc that exist in other counties and states. But he is simply happy getting paid a tremendous amount of money to lose our taxes all while entertaining the media and the foolish voters!
 
Old 08-22-2009, 09:07 AM
 
Location: GoJoe
713 posts, read 686,138 times
Reputation: 282
fcorrales80,
1) what i am saying is, the green card situation is just like wearing a big heavy long jacket in july in the bronx. situations you avoid to stay out of trouble and to avoid hassle. so dont carry the actual green card, carry a copy.

2) we all know the lawsuits wont get anywhere, but what you're saying is that they are clogging the court system and costing us taxpayer money. yeah so what, so does thousands of other non-related frivolous and unsubstantiated lawsuits.

3) so is it the legals or illegals that Joe A is doing wrong, because you seem to be arguing from the legals side.

4) if you think the system needs to be fixed so that legals can self indentify without the fear of losing their ID, then this has nothing to do with Joe A, it has to do with the way AZ and the US issues and manages ID, and again, has nothing to do with Joe A. i am rather confident that Joe A would embrace any ID changes that would help him identify folks more easily without having to detain people, etc.

thus far most of the arguments in this thread have nothing to do with Joe A.

so what would you say to this:
a new guy takes office. some guy gets questioned on the street cant produce valid id and who cant prove his citizenship because, according to him, he doesnt carry his green card because he is fearful of losing it. so the guy is released after questioning and a few days later this guy robs a store and kills a man. investigators later find notes that this guy was questioned on the street and released just a few days before.

there would be public outcry that the sheriff's office wasnt doing their job properly, and most likely the new guy is not getting re-elected. and oh yeah, BIG lawsuits would hit the court system.

i still cant understand why people think we need to make it easy for immigrants to become US citizens. make it tough and you gain back control of both legal and illegal immigration. too many illegals slip into the US by the means setup to allow legals.
 
Old 08-22-2009, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,898 posts, read 6,039,667 times
Reputation: 856
I know a few guys from Serbia who ALWAYS have their green card of them, and they arent even profiled often, they say they are just asked for it often, i.e. being pulled over, getting a new job, etc.

You can always make copies of this info as well, a copy of your birth certificate should be more than enough to prove where you were born, even if it's only temporary.
 
Old 08-22-2009, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
7,733 posts, read 14,879,326 times
Reputation: 6037
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I know a few guys from Serbia who ALWAYS have their green card of them, and they arent even profiled often, they say they are just asked for it often, i.e. being pulled over, getting a new job, etc.

You can always make copies of this info as well, a copy of your birth certificate should be more than enough to prove where you were born, even if it's only temporary.
Great point, KarmaPhx.

Unfortunately, the ugly events over the last few decades plus the frequent attacks and threats of attacks dictate the need for more and stronger security measures in order to protect our security and freedom. There is absolutely nothing inappropriate or discriminating about asking a legal citizen to carry sufficient ID and only someone hiding something would ever consider it an invasion of privacy.

The world has changed . . . remember the Good Ole Days when no one even considered locking their front door?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top