Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:19 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,378,631 times

Advertisements

Well, if you Joe haters get tired of him you can definitely send him this way. God knows we could use him here. You guys can let the illegals and criminals take over and he can straighten out this part of the country.

And if he ever runs for Prez, he's got my vote!

Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 PM

9,594 posts, read 31,592,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Well, if you Joe haters get tired of him you can definitely send him this way. God knows we could use him here. You guys can let the illegals and criminals take over and he can straighten out this part of the country.

Mine too, Mrs.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:36 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,556,256 times
Of course he does not sign it in. The sub-topic was about the possibility of him becoming governor. That is the context. He would be zealously expanding his power in whatever government job he has. I could never see him as an advocate of small government. I strongly doubt if he'd veto any legislation limiting AZ government. S.J. supporters are too blind to see he is insane with power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Ah - Arpaio does not sign any legislation into laws - where did you come up with that?

Old 12-25-2009, 11:35 AM

713 posts, read 1,456,580 times
with the recent public meeting by the AZ governor on 12/21 to address the dire budget issues, she has committed to stricter rules for no services to illegal aliens. what she said is more in depth than that but i suspect Mr Joe A's team will get more "go" directives from the governor.

Go Joe.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:58 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,262,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post

People who don't live here buy the side of his media image he promotes, because that's all they get. Yes, we have those here who think he's great, too. He'd have to commit a pretty heinous crime to ever change their minds.

And anyone who says they would vote for him for President???? Sorry, I can't take that seriously.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:37 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,556,256 times
One nice old man at LA Fitness in LA, on knowing I am based in Phoenix, told me we have a great sheriff. Five years ago I was thinking the same thing. But knowing more about him, and knowing that some of the new laws in the last few years would have thrown me in the pen, for victimless things I did ten years ago, I threw the words back in his face.

No, Joe is not a good guy.

Here are the first hand experienced violations of the 8th amendment in Maricopa County jails under Sheriff Joe.
Jon's Jail Journal

The young man has been out of prison for two years and his memoirs of his jail experiences will be published in September 2010
Jon's Jail Journal It will be the beginning of the end of paranoid fascism and big business jailing in AZ.

It's one thing to be a tough sheriff, but when he violates the U.S. Constitution, you would think this would rub the conservative Lawrence Welk biddies the wrong way, wouldn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
People who don't live here buy the side of his media image he promotes, because that's all they get. Yes, we have those here who think he's great, too. He'd have to commit a pretty heinous crime to ever change their minds.

And anyone who says they would vote for him for President???? Sorry, I can't take that seriously.

Last edited by Howard Roark; 12-26-2009 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: spelling and clarity

Old 12-26-2009, 10:55 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,498,627 times
The anti-Sheriff Joe crowd claims all these laws he's supposedly violated. But he's never been convicted of a crime (I don't think he's ever been charged with a crime). Seems like if all this evidence is out there, all the anti-Sheriff Joe crowd should get together and present the mounds of "evidence" to the D.A.'s office.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:07 PM

3,995 posts, read 9,990,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
The anti-Sheriff Joe crowd claims all these laws he's supposedly violated. But he's never been convicted of a crime (I don't think he's ever been charged with a crime). Seems like if all this evidence is out there, all the anti-Sheriff Joe crowd should get together and present the mounds of "evidence" to the D.A.'s office.
I have a feeling something like that will happen soon or corruption charges against Arpaio and Thomas could materialize because of the current state of affairs in the county. County Attorneys in Arizona where the Sheriff and Thomas requested assistance with investigations have recently stood up to the corrupt practices by the two and outlined abuses of power and their unwillingness to work with the MCSO and MCAO because of these abuses and corrupt practices.

Everyone who has publicly and politically voiced opinions or different points of view have been accused of racketeering or corruptions or have had notified the FBI because they did not agree with the sheriff or county attorney, LOL!

Old 12-27-2009, 05:15 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,262,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
If he'd been convicted of a felony, he'd be out of office. Lawsuits have been many, and they've cost us (you too, if you live in this county) plenty. Many sheriffs across the country manage to do their jobs without incurring that liability, and without being a publicity hound.

I'll let the feds keep doing their investigating. At least those events provide some counter to the Arpaio publicity machine.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:14 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,498,627 times
If he's done something illegal, he needs to receive the appropriate punishment.
My point, however, is that the anti-Sheriff Joe crowd claims all these things he supposedly did (or how things he did are supposedly illegal). If there is all this "proof" out there, take it to the D.A.'s office and get a trial and conviction. Why has this not happened yet? My guess: it's made up, there is no such evidence. In other words, I wish the anti-Sheriff Joe crowd would put up or shut up, because I'm tired of all the "he did this and he did that so he should be thrown out of office". Pony up the proof to the D.A.'s office, please... or admit that you never had the proof to begin with.
As far as the lawsuits, there are a few things to consider: 1) the lawsuits have been against the MCSO (the whole office, not just Joe), 2) all the major metro area's sheriffs offices have tons and tons of lawsuits against them (it's not limited to Maricopa County), and 3), of all the lawsuits, how many were completely frivolous? Most of them, because the Sheriff's office wins most of the cases.
I think that the ACLU and other left-wing organizations file lawsuits against the MCSO simply so they can make the arguement that Observer53 is makeing: Look at all the lawsuits! Look how much they're costing! This guy needs to go!
If he did something illegal, he needs to receive the appropriate punishment. But I think most--maybe all--of the claims against Sheriff Joe are completely false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area