Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 AM

259 posts, read 705,537 times

Advertisements

If you guys don't like Sheriff Joe why do you keep voting for him????????

Old 12-29-2009, 07:26 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,517,566 times
"If you guys don't like Sheriff Joe why do you keep voting for him????????"

Because more than half (usually near 2/3rds) of voters do like Sheriff Joe. That's why.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:31 PM

259 posts, read 705,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
"If you guys don't like Sheriff Joe why do you keep voting for him????????"

Because more than half (usually near 2/3rds) of voters do like Sheriff Joe. That's why.
That would explain it than.
Of course the criminals don't like him, I know I wouldn't if I were a criminal

Old 12-29-2009, 08:29 PM

713 posts, read 1,461,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
I'm not sure you understand how Arizona politics work. If you don't pander to Joe your political career is dead.

That's what this newer mess is all about. The second that a public official speaks out against the MCSO, they get brought up on charges....prove me wrong.
1) oh, i know how az politics work, i am a state employee. 2) i can assure you the gov is not pandering to the MCSO, and, she will add/give more support to MCSO on the illegal aliens front.

and just to clear up some things on the last few posts. the anti-Joe folks are indeed not voting for him, but as noted the anti folks fall into the 1/3 category and they gripe about it here. the argument really ends when we 2/3rd'ers say "if you dont like it then rally your troops and make a change". by all accounts the griping here has not rallied any more anti-Joe troops. gaining 1/3 the votes will be a tough task especially when the gov has committed to denying state services to illegal aliens (actually, i think she said to anyone who cannot properly prove citizenship).

Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM

you gotta love joe

Old 08-04-2010, 08:44 PM

anyone know if the MCSO did recent raids on July 29th (on the day SB1070 was suppose to go)? i heard Joe had announced he was doing raids but i never did hear if he was successful or not.

Mod Cut: Copyright photo, post link.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 08-05-2010 at 11:04 AM..

Old 08-04-2010, 09:33 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,341 times
I saw on the news they were raiding some business at or around that time. I saw the owner being interviewed. I wasn't really paying attention. I think he was whining about how it's hard to tell if someone is using forged documents and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home_Kid View Post
1) oh, i know how az politics work, i am a state employee. 2) i can assure you the gov is not pandering to the MCSO, and, she will add/give more support to MCSO on the illegal aliens front.
six months later....I didn't say the government in general. I was referring to the numerous elected officials that are "investigated" by the MCSO after they say unkind words or try to hold MCSO accountable.

Right now, look how many signs on the street corner have "endorsed by Sheriff Joe" on them. The guy is the most powerful person "politically" in the State. Whatever works I guess. He may be a fun guy to have a beer with....I'll never vote for him though. I don't think the good outweighs the bad.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,517,566 times
Quote:
anyone know if the MCSO did recent raids on July 29th (on the day SB1070 was suppose to go)? i heard Joe had announced he was doing raids but i never did hear if he was successful or not.
I think the protestors delayed the raids a few hours, but he did indeed do them. At least that's what I remember hearing on the radio....

In a related story:
Undocumented Family Flees Arizona, Now Here | NBC Bay Area

Old 08-05-2010, 01:44 AM

253 posts, read 463,473 times
Default Error versus Intended

It's not unusual for a Sheriff(s office) to have an occasional lawsuit as the result of errors they might make while trying to enforce the law under less than perfect conditions. No one in their right mind could expect perfection in decisions made in a split second under sometimes very stressful conditions. The problem arises when a reasoned decision is made to perform an action that is barely inside the law, then have it go over the line.
When that happens, that act can be compared to an angry skunk. It takes a whole lot of perfume to cover up that horrible odor.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 AM

1,942 posts, read 4,570,380 times
The last few months I found it odd to find myself allied with Sheriff Joe due to his support of SB 1070 and more crackdowns on illegals - more sweeps. I certainly do not like his harrassment of people who exercise their bill of rights for free speech in their opposition to him. While I do not agree with his opponents on their support of illegal aliens, I think if the allegations are true of his heavy handed approach to use his authority to harrass/arrest his opponents, he is violating federal law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area