Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:55 PM

687 posts, read 1,946,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
"Stop giving this buffoon credit"

I still wish there were more in law inforcement like him. He's tough and hard-nosed, and that's exactly what is needed. Across the U.S., there are way too many "soft" politically-correct types in law enforcement.
Why is he what's needed? Does it reduce crime? Does it reduce recidivism? Does it save money?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Phoenix metro has significantly less crime than Tucson (logic would say it should be the other way around). Sheriff Joe must be doing something right.
Sheriff Joe doesn't partrol and police Phoenix, that would be the Phoenix P.D.! Maricopa county, outside of the urban zones sees more crime than Pinal County.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaudia View Post
Arrested 44 out of 102 "targeted".
Is that a potential 58 lawsuits for racial profiling?

While a car load of illegals/drugs made it to the streets of Phoenix, he's out arresting people w/ a job, who are obviously working for a living.
IMHO, these drug/human traffickers, escaped child molesters, DUI offenders, etc are more dangerous to my family than people who have a job to support their family. If he happens to come accross them fine, but to only focus on them is not right. Not because I'm pro illegals, but because he's supposed to protect our community from all criminals, not just from illegals.
Leave the illegal immigration exclusivity to ICE, and do your job all the way around!
Thank you!!! Someone who is finally echoing what I have been saying. This is the type of thinking we need. We need the sheriff going after criminals with warrants who are dangerous, murders, molesters, probation and parol violators, DUI offenders, drug smugglers, human traffickers, domestic violence offenders, etc. While the feds need to enforce the border and illegal immigrants. We also need to let E-Verify catch those that use SS#, etc. While these "workers" if caught illegally working need to be punished, Joe is not attacking the situation correctly. He is working like a band-aid instead of an epidemiologist to use medical terminology. An epidemiologist would go after the source of the problem to stop the "disease" from spreading and where topical solutions like raiding a factory wouldn't be needed. Go after the traffickers, smugglers, and illegal trekkers who GET to Phoenix through unincorporated county land and THEN get the jobs at the factory. Get them before they get here...but then that would be REAL police work and law enforcement.

Last edited by fcorrales80; 08-13-2009 at 11:35 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaudia View Post
Arrested 44 out of 102 "targeted".
Is that a potential 58 lawsuits for racial profiling?

While a car load of illegals/drugs made it to the streets of Phoenix, he's out arresting people w/ a job, who are obviously working for a living.
IMHO, these drug/human traffickers, escaped child molesters, DUI offenders, etc are more dangerous to my family than people who have a job to support their family. If he happens to come accross them fine, but to only focus on them is not right. Not because I'm pro illegals, but because he's supposed to protect our community from all criminals, not just from illegals.
Leave the illegal immigration exclusivity to ICE, and do your job all the way around!
. . . and, Klaudia, you are certain of this fact HOW?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
. . . and, Klaudia, you are certain of this fact HOW?
You do live in Arizona and have heard one of his speeches right? This is his main focus and the strategy is plain wrong-headed and fruitless. He needs a different, efficient approach. However, Arpaio isn't smart, efficient or savvy so we just need him out.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:41 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,236 times
I think the guy is a complete moron and an embarrassment to Arizona. Of course just my opinion.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:52 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
I think the guy is a complete moron and an embarrassment to Arizona. Of course just my opinion.
When I mention I am a "zony", he almost always comes up. You are correct 100% No one out of Arizona has any respect for him.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:22 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,416,255 times
He's not the best sheriff around, but he has a strong opposition to illegal immigration, which I highly respect, even if his tactics are blunt.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,623,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
Why is he what's needed? Does it reduce crime? Does it reduce recidivism? Does it save money?
I'm only interested in crime. If there was little crime, the whole United States would be a much better place.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,623,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
When I mention I am a "zony", he almost always comes up. You are correct 100% No one out of Arizona has any respect for him.
This is a very generalized statement; other blogs show huge respect for him, much higher than locally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area