Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 12:27 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,620,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Those cities have like 50,000 people, so a shooting or murder or any gang activity there makes the murder rate and incident rate look like Detroit, New Orleans, or St. Louis. Now take cities with proportional populations of Phoenix...San Diego, San Antonio, El Paso (right on the Rio Grande across from Cuidad Juarez...the drug war capital in Mexico, Seattle, Los Angeles, hell throw in NYC which alone has 8 million people) and the crime rates are far lower than Phoenix'. We are getting MUCH better and soon will be in the realm of large cities with the lowest violent and property crime rate in the nation but have some work to do. Our police force is a great one, same in NYC, L.A., El Paso, etc. These places...along with Compton, Lynwood, Culver City are NOT patrolled and policed by a Sheriff people. We need a sheriff that is smart and employs tactics that are used in Iraq and Afghanistan to track, deter, and catch gun smugglers, terrorist movements, and OMG desert trekkers with drugs, money, and weapons. The city of Phoenix uses such tactics for their drop-house task force but you all in the Sheriff Joe camp seem to ignore that. You'd rather waste millions of dollars every month, money we can't afford to lose, to keep this baboon in office. Makes no sense especially with all the governments in Arizona battling to close budget gaps.
L.A. has like 10,000,000 people.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:21 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
"this baboon"

This will be my last post on this topic, but while you call Sheriff Joe a "baboon" many others think he does a fine job. You have your opinion, the majority of voters in Maricopa County have a different opinion. I'm sorry you don't like what he does, but does that really make him a "baboon"? (Yeah, I know, you think you know better than everyone and that all those who voted for him are baboons, too).
You say he is a baboon. I say he is not.

Where is this thread going, anyway?
Refer to original post...People will overlook a lot if they think they are getting what they want.

Joe is an official law breaker now. I hope they (Feds) raid his office and arrest him.

Sheriff's Office defies judge on order for system password

The thing is that the damage is already done. Joe used force to get what he wanted. He will give the system back now because he has already viewed/copied what he wanted...

I really cannot believe some of you are supporting his fascists agenda...VERY
un-american.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:16 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,515,497 times
I'm sure the Rag put their spin on the story. Perhaps there is more going on than being suggested by the newspaper (who would like nothing more than to get rid of Sheriff Joe). Perhaps it is even the judge who is crooked. The facts aren't all out, and we don't know the full story. We only know what the Rag is telling us, which I'm sure is not the truth...not the whole truth, anyway.
Well, there I go. I said I wouldn't say anymore, but I did. I will, however, add this: I really cannot believe some of you read the Arizona Republic and believe their Statist agenda is "news". VERY un-American.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:26 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
I wonder what happens when a sheriff refuses to obey a court order and is found in contempt. Does DPS arrest him? It could get interesting next week.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:36 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
If his """Posse""" isn't out Astroturfing some Town Hall he might call them out

Old 08-15-2009, 04:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Those cities have like 50,000 people, so a shooting or murder or any gang activity there makes the murder rate and incident rate look like Detroit, New Orleans, or St. Louis. Now take cities with proportional populations of Phoenix...San Diego, San Antonio, El Paso (right on the Rio Grande across from Cuidad Juarez...the drug war capital in Mexico, Seattle, Los Angeles, hell throw in NYC which alone has 8 million people) and the crime rates are far lower than Phoenix'. We are getting MUCH better and soon will be in the realm of large cities with the lowest violent and property crime rate in the nation but have some work to do. Our police force is a great one, same in NYC, L.A., El Paso, etc. These places...along with Compton, Lynwood, Culver City are NOT patrolled and policed by a Sheriff people. We need a sheriff that is smart and employs tactics that are used in Iraq and Afghanistan to track, deter, and catch gun smugglers, terrorist movements, and OMG desert trekkers with drugs, money, and weapons. The city of Phoenix uses such tactics for their drop-house task force but you all in the Sheriff Joe camp seem to ignore that. You'd rather waste millions of dollars every month, money we can't afford to lose, to keep this baboon in office. Makes no sense especially with all the governments in Arizona battling to close budget gaps.
Actually; Compton and Lynwood contract out their LE responsibilities to the LASD.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:35 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,133,552 times
Quote:
Phoenix metro has significantly less crime than Tucson (logic would say it should be the other way around). Sheriff Joe must be doing something right.
But sherriff Joe does not patrol Phoenix metro~ phoenix police do~ Sherriff Joe patrols inincorperated areas ~ where crime is way up!

Old 08-15-2009, 05:59 PM

687 posts, read 1,945,713 times
Quote:
I'm sure the Rag put their spin on the story. Perhaps there is more going on than being suggested by the newspaper (who would like nothing more than to get rid of Sheriff Joe). Perhaps it is even the judge who is crooked. The facts aren't all out, and we don't know the full story. We only know what the Rag is telling us, which I'm sure is not the truth...not the whole truth, anyway.
Well, there I go. I said I wouldn't say anymore, but I did. I will, however, add this: I really cannot believe some of you read the Arizona Republic and believe their Statist agenda is "news". VERY un-American.
Now that's just silly.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:06 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,515,497 times
"Now that's just silly."

To an extent, that was the point (I'm glad you picked up on it ).
You see, Sheriff Joe was called (in this thread), among other things, a moron, goon, baboon and criminal, based on an article in the Arizona Republic, which is a biased newspaper (which ones aren't?) that has supported every one of Joe's opponents, and has published [untrue] damning articles about Joe in the past (which means they have very little credibility).
The paper paints one half of the picture, and that's all you get. And that's all we know. But people like iBarrio, fcorrales80, las vegas drunk, observer53, deckdoc, etc, look at that half-picture through their stained-glasses and come to a judgement.
Has Sheriff Joe been charged with a crime? Has he been arrested? Gone to trail? Convicted? No! The only people who have charged him with a crime are a biased "news reporter" (term used loosely) and those on this forum who have pretended to be the judge and jury. You guys don't know the truth. You may not even know half of the truth. But you sure have judged the heck out of this guy and called those who voted for him unpatriotic fools. Why are those who voted for him unpatriotic? Because of a belief in "innocent until proven guilty"? Does one have to be judgemental to be patriotic? Give me a break!
All I'm saying is let us look at the full picture and let justice run it's path before we gather pitchforks and torches. And before we start name-calling. It is quite absurd where folks on this board took this thread with so little truth to go on. It is absurd that there was an effort to squash those who disagree by name-calling (which is a logical fallacy, by the way).
If Sheriff Joe gets charged, goes to trial and gets convicted, then he should step down. But an Arizona Republic article is a long, long ways from that.
Please, let's have a little sanity here.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:13 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I actually met the jerk while I was doing deliveries in the City of Phoenix building. I was going up the elevator when he got on. I looked at him and he actually said hello. I just glared back at him with a dirty look. He then said, "ah, you must have been to my jail." Give me a break, I have to go to his jail not to like him??? What an ego this guy has. I sincerely believe it is the people in Sun City mostly who keep re-electing this jerk.
What did you expect? You were being rude. If someone says hello to you, the least you could do is say hello back. It's called being civil. You don't have to agree with someone's politics to have manners. I think his response was pretty funny albeit rude as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area