Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The more rats in the maze the less we care about each other. Years ago we had green "badges" that hung from our mirrors in Estrella. So we knew who "we" were and had a bond of sorts even though we lived in a cookie cutter development. Those days are gone and now everyone out there is just another murderer or robber. I wouldn't stop except for the Swedish Women's Downhill Team. I think parts of Buckeye are like the old days in Estrella. My post about good people in Buckeye was serious. But, with growth, those days will be gone there soon as well.
That depends upon the class of 'rat' as well.

Some small towns are just weird whereas some large cities are still decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 08:33 AM

568 posts, read 1,205,778 times
You never know where friendly people will turn up. One time I was in downtown Bogota, Colombia, and dropped what would be the equivalent of $20 cash on the ground without realizing it, as I was leaving a major bank branch. A guy ran down the street after me and returned the money to me.

I also broke down on a major highway while on my way to work in South Florida one morning. Couple of different guys pulled over and offered to help(changing tire). It's nice to know there are people out there who are decent.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:54 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,014,816 times
Very true Silva, I live downtown and see nice things everyday, even on the train. It is the over-all attitude in Phoenix and the metro which is way more laid back and friendly than any comparable city and especially the mega metros like L.A., Chicago, NYC, Philly, Boston, etc.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:11 PM

130 posts, read 535,894 times
LOL, another East Coaster, and so true, they would run over you here first, ha ha. I remember once while driving across country, our car broke down on a Sunday in rural Tenn. This car pulled up side to us and we were nervous, as if this happens in NY, you sometimes wonder if you will be robbed. Anyway, this nice gentlemen got out, explained he was a mechanic, offered to check out our car, and then said we needed a new starter. He said he would drive to his station, pick one up, all without money I mind you, and return and install it. AND, he did like he promised at 9:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning. We paid him and he drove off with a nod of his hat. We must have been in shock for months following that one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area