Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:30 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,277,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgs92 View Post
In-n-out....definately for fast food. I won't eat anywhere else. It's fresh, they make it the way you like and hasn't been sitting under heat lamps!! They are still family owned and operated....so you won't see them expanding into far reach areas.

Blue Burger Grille is also good.I like that you can pick your beef and toppings and create your own burger.

I also love going to Greasewood flats. Great for a burger and a beer! Definately a fun place when the weather is right and if there is live music.
Went to the Blu Burger Grille on Alma School in S. Chandler. I ordered the Kobe Beef burger cooked MEDIUM, and I get this burnt hockey puck instead (beyond well-done). I don't know if it's worth investing another $11 in a hamburger from that place if all I can taste is burnt grease. The fries were really good, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 08:03 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,517,566 times
"Does anyone believe that In-N-Out couldn't be a large national chain and expand everywhere like Carls Jr.?? They could have done that 10 years ago. They don't want to be a national chain like that. They are in a different niche. Part of the appeal of In-N-Out is that they aren't everywhere and it's a unique experience."

In-N-Out tried to expand to the pacific northwest back in the early 1980's. It was highly unsuccessful and all of the handful (I think three or four) of restaurants they had opened wen't out of business within two years. I remember, as a little kid, eating at the one they opened in Bremerton, Washington.
I think that made them a little shy about expanding outside of California. It wasn't until Esther Snyder took over in 1999 that they began expanding into other states (and they've still yet to return to the northwest).

Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
I am just curious. Would anyone pay $777 for a hamburger if it was the absolute best? We have a place in Vegas that has a $777 hamburger, and from what I read it is hands down the best burger anywhere. We also have a place with a $60 hamburger that is supposed to be extremely good as well. I might be willing to try that one, but not the $777 as that is downright ridiculous. The $777 burger is number one on the list, and the $60 burger is number 6 out of the best burgers of the whole united states....

10 Incredibly Expensive Hamburgers

Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 PM

687 posts, read 1,946,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am just curious. Would anyone pay $777 for a hamburger if it was the absolute best? We have a place in Vegas that has a $777 hamburger, and from what I read it is hands down the best burger anywhere. We also have a place with a $60 hamburger that is supposed to be extremely good as well. I might be willing to try that one, but not the $777 as that is downright ridiculous. The $777 burger is number one on the list, and the $60 burger is number 6 out of the best burgers of the whole united states....

10 Incredibly Expensive Hamburgers
Disclaimer - the following is just my opinion:

Just like I wouldn't want my dad serving up some foie gras while we watch football on a Sunday afternoon, I don't need a chef throwing gold flakes (or lobster, etc) in my patty. It's a burger.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:28 PM

477 posts, read 1,583,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon197 View Post
I know it's a chain, but the answer is Fuddruckers. For fast food style, In-N-Out and Whataburger are the only two worth eating. I feel like Dave Thomas would be pissed to see what has become of Wendy's since his passing.
Yes, thanks! Fuddruckers!

Old 08-26-2009, 07:34 AM

City's Best - AOL Local City's Best

Best Burger From a Non-Chain Restaurant

Old 08-26-2009, 10:06 AM

152 posts, read 617,843 times
Default Fez

I think the best burger is at a totally unassuming place (for burgers)

FEZ on Central, just north of Downtown. Try the FEZ burger. It's magical! ha ha

Old 08-26-2009, 02:48 PM

338 posts, read 1,624,740 times
Well, I have not eaten a real burger in years but when I did, I liked the burgers at Texaz grill at 16th St. and Bethany and also I used to go to the Burger Factory at 7th Avenue and Osborn and I remember those being quite good.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:50 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,029 times
This thread got me to finally try the Lenny's Burger Shop on Central near just east of where I live. Great discovery, thanks. Pretty ironic given the person who posted the tip and his apparent aversion to the middle of the city.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:12 PM

I have nothing against central Phoenix. I only said that I don't feel safe downtown at night. You took that to mean something else that I never said.
Lenny's is great! However, it should be noted that the location I frequent, (35th Ave and Thunderbird) is actually owned by one of Lenny's sons, and is not otherwise associated with the other three locations (including the one on Central). Very similar menu and food, but not 100% the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area