Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:18 AM

304 posts, read 856,529 times

Advertisements

I am really interested in Queen Creek, mainly because I plan on working at Banner Thunderbird Hospital. We live in NYC, therefore, we'd like to know what is the best area in QC. We are interested in the Pulte homes "Cooperleaf at Taylor Ranch" NE corner Ironwood rd and Ocotillo. Good or bad area? We'll be visiting at the end of this month.

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 11:37 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Are you sure it's Banner Thunderbird? That's in Glendale and that's VERY far from Queen Creek (like 70 miles away?).

Old 05-01-2007, 11:44 AM

well, definetly a Banner hospital...I think Baywood.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:24 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,062 times
A little under 60 miles driving distance to Banner T-Bird. Baywood is closest.

In answer to your question, the area is an "island" at the north end of a sea of big houses on increasingly tiny lots.

The intersection of Ocotillo and Ironwood is nine and a half miles away from US60, the best route going west. Ironwood is being widened from it's current two lanes, which has been a nightmare now for several years. If you want to check on the widening plans, here's the link:
http://www.ironwoodproject.com/

It's a long way from completion. If you move there, plan on driving west on Ocotillo a ways before heading north to the freeway, at least for a year or two. If you can deal with the headache of commuting along side far too many people in far too many cars on way too little asphalt for several years, it might be okay. But as for now, one mile back ups at a four way stop signs are a way of life.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:46 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
I am really interested in Queen Creek, mainly because I plan on working at Banner Thunderbird Hospital. We live in NYC, therefore, we'd like to know what is the best area in QC. We are interested in the Pulte homes "Cooperleaf at Taylor Ranch" NE corner Ironwood rd and Ocotillo. Good or bad area? We'll be visiting at the end of this month.

Thanks guys

Thunderbird Hospital on Thunderbird and 55th ave or do you mean Banner in Mesa Power and Broadway?

Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 PM

I Am Just Really Interested In A Banner Hospital, Which Ever One Is Close To Queen Creek.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:32 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
I Am Just Really Interested In A Banner Hospital, Which Ever One Is Close To Queen Creek.
Banner at Power and Broadway in Mesa if you want to live in Queen Creek. Look at something in Power Ranch for a home. I bet you can get a good deal.
They are building another hospital on Higley just north of Baseline and south of the US60. I don't know when that one is suppose to open.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:33 AM

20 posts, read 80,241 times
I sold my home in QC last year (near Kenworthy and Ocotillo), and I have found that many of the houses that were on the market at the time still are.

Queen Creek is behind the times when it comes to shopping (the nearest grocery stores are 10-15 minutes away) and transportation (the closest freeways are the 60 and 202). My commute to downtown Mesa fluctuated between 40 minutes and 1.5 hours, depending on whether or not there was an accident on Ironwood. Lots of 3 and 4-way stops, which is not appropriate for the volume of traffic in the region.

I have since moved out of the Valley, but, if I had it to do over again in the SE Valley, I'd have lived in the Power Ranch area.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:05 PM

13 posts, read 39,210 times
Quote:
There is a Banner Hospital going in about a mile away from house in Queen Creek. I live near Ironwood and Ocotillo. I think it will be completely built at end of 09. There is several hopitals within about 15 miles away from me right now, so not very long commute to work.

P.S. I am selling my house.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:08 PM

13 posts, read 39,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoaznm View Post
I sold my home in QC last year (near Kenworthy and Ocotillo), and I have found that many of the houses that were on the market at the time still are.

Queen Creek is behind the times when it comes to shopping (the nearest grocery stores are 10-15 minutes away) and transportation (the closest freeways are the 60 and 202). My commute to downtown Mesa fluctuated between 40 minutes and 1.5 hours, depending on whether or not there was an accident on Ironwood. Lots of 3 and 4-way stops, which is not appropriate for the volume of traffic in the region.

I have since moved out of the Valley, but, if I had it to do over again in the SE Valley, I'd have lived in the Power Ranch area.
You have not been there lately. There is a Fry's that was built by my house less than a mile away and I only have to drive 5 miles to the nearest Wal-mart. We have almost all the major stores nearby. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, banks, grocery stores, Circuit City, Kohls, Chipotle, etc.

The market is bad nation wide. When the market rebounds it will definitely rebound bigtime in QC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area